Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Turbo Boost BSOD

MVasq3
Beginner

Random BSOD when 100% Processing Usage on Power Plan and activation of turbo boost. With battery and power cable (laptop)

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MVasq3
Beginner

Test Results from Processor Check Utility

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello MVasq3, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. When did the issue start? Have you checked with your computer manufacturer regarding this issue? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MVasq3
Beginner

I think it started with new windows update or something. I looked and there is no turbo boost program installed on the PC shall that be the problem or maybe power issues? I contact MSI but the PC is out of warranty. And they told me to send it but I can't be without it. ​

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If possible, roll back the Windows 10 update. The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology is an automatic feature, there is no program or application to set it. I recommend you to check with MSI for all the updates for your computer model. For more information visit: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MVasq3
Beginner

I tried with 1708 and it gives me blue screen also with 100% usage. Can be a power problem with the motherboard or the cpu? the cpu tests are on 99%, i cant do them on 100% because as soon as i change to a 100% power plan i got BSOD.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
I can't confirm if this is a problem with the motherboard, since it's a third-party computer only MSI can confirm if there is hardware failure. Based on your Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool results, I can confirm that there are no issues with the processor and since the issue started after a Windows 10 update, the issue seems to be there. You could also check with MSI if a BIOS update can help in this case Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MVasq3
Beginner

But after that update, i formated the pc with all different versions with USB to fully format the system and the BSOD persisted, even with previous versions then the "last working one". All BIOS and EC Firmware updated to the last version offered in their website. Anyway i will try to contact them for further investigation. Thanks for the help.

Regards Manuel Vasques

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Sure, and you are welcome to share their response here. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MVasq3
Beginner

Hello, again, from the information that i provide here and provide to them also, the MSI team conclude that it may have a high probability of being the CPU/Chipset on the board. So it may be chipset.

Regards

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Thanks for sharing that. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos