Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Turbo Boost problem

Arckermannothing
Beginner

my PC is running on a i3 9100 processor

I turned on all cores and also turbo boost

but the turbo speed always stay between 3,6-3,69 GHz and never reach and pass 3,7 GHz even when I play roblox with max graphics

can some1 tell me why that happen and how to solve?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Arckermannothing,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i3-9100 Processor.

I would like to let you know that the max frequency of the Turbo boost (4.20 GHz) is the maximum speed that the CPU can reach under a very specific environment. Turbo boost will increase the frequency depending on the operating system's needs and tasks to perform.

The frequency will increase the frequency to the speed needed based on the tasks and for the time needed to perform it based on the operating system requirements.

However, In order to confirm if the processor is working properly, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the report from the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool:

3. Have you performed any changes ta the BIOS besides enabling the Turbo boost?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Arckermannothing, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Arckermannothing,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos