Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Turbo Mode

fanThomas
Beginner

Hi

I am used to leave my laptop on overnight running all programs. Since a while a program seems to overheat my processor and due to this the turbo mode is disabled and the cpu stucks at lowest speed. I understand this is to protect my pc from overheating. I can unlock this situation when I shut down the laptop and unplug the power. In order to locate the failing software I need to unlock this situation without shutting down the computer. I could not find any setting in windows 10 to re-enable th turbo mode. Is there a tool from Intel to reactivate the turbo mode or can you guide me to the corresponding setting?

Laptop: Huawei Mate X pro model 2020,

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Regarding "due to this the turbo mode is disabled", did you (or someone else) disable Turbo? Turbo is enabled/disabled in BIOS Setup. I cannot, however, provide any guidance on how to enter or navigate within BIOS Setup as I do not have access to any Huawei laptops. You will have to figure this one out on your own or contact Huawei Support for help.

My personal opinion is that this overheating is being caused by an inadequate or improperly configured cooling solution. It is happening in the middle of the night because MS' connected standby, by default, allows the middle of the night to be used to update the O/S and perform other maintenance tasks. These tasks can be processor-intensive and heat the processor to the high levels. This too is something that you can talk to Huawei Support about.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos