Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Turbo boost for intet i5-3230M 2.6GHz

ORehm
Beginner

Hi,

I was using the turbo boost technology and it was giving me upto 3.2GHz, in windows 7 now i've switched to windows 10 and i can get it to work. The Turbo Boost settings are enabled in the bios. but when i try to install turbo boost drivers this happens.

I also tried

but nothing seems to work.

Please Help !!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Obaid_Obi_,

I understand that you are having problems with Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology. I apologize for any inconvenience.

In regards to this issue, the problem is that you are trying to install the drivers for "Intel ® Turbo Boost Max", which is Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology 3.0. Your unit only supports Intel ® Turbo Boost 2.0 which works automatically as long as it is enabled in the BIOS. The Turbo Boost does not need drivers as it is enabled in the BIOS and it boosts the speed automatically depending on the tasks.

Regards,

David V

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you 32-bit or 64-bit? If 32-bit, your ivy bridge processor is not supported on Windows 10:

https://ark.intel.com/products/72164/Intel-Core-i5-3230M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz-rPGA Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz) rPGA Product Specifications

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html Does My Intel® Processor Support Microsoft Windows® 10?

Doc

0 Kudos
ORehm
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, thanks for the clarification. The Intel support staff will now be able to help you.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Obaid_Obi_,

I understand that you are having problems with Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology. I apologize for any inconvenience.

In regards to this issue, the problem is that you are trying to install the drivers for "Intel ® Turbo Boost Max", which is Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology 3.0. Your unit only supports Intel ® Turbo Boost 2.0 which works automatically as long as it is enabled in the BIOS. The Turbo Boost does not need drivers as it is enabled in the BIOS and it boosts the speed automatically depending on the tasks.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos