Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Unable to boot UEFI network card using an Intel I250 Gigabit NIC

Dbutch1976
Beginner

Hello,

I have a Z490 UNIFY MB which I am trying to get to boot from the network so that I can install ESXi. My NIC is working (Intel I250 Gigabit NIC) within windows, however the BIOS doesn't seem to see the NIC as a potential boot device. How do I determine if my NIC is UEFI compatible?

At this point it really appears like it is not, so my next question is, how can I find a dual port 1GB NIC which is both UEFI boot capable and on the HCL for VMware ESXi?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Dbutch1976,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard/embedded network card or a PCIe card?
  2. Can you confirm if you are using I250 or I210 network card?
  3. Kindly send us a screenshot of the issue.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Dbutch1976,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you.

We will wait for your reply.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Dbutch1976,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos