Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Unable to change Active core clock in XTU

Peebz
Beginner

Hi, i recently reinstalled windows 11, and installed inte XTU and when i was trying to over clock the cores individually its all greyed out now, im on an 11700k so its unlocked and i can do this all in the bios im just too lazy, does anyone know how to fix this?

Peebz_1-1649770845529.pngPeebz_2-1649770852852.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Peebz,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

When did the issue start?

Did the Intel® XTU use to work?

Do you experience any other issues with the Intel® XTU?

Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

• Download the Intel SSU (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

• Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 

• To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Peebz
Beginner

Hi Jean , Yes XTU used to work before i upgraded to windows 11 which was about 2-3 weeks back now, and ive never had any issues with XTU before,  ive attached the SSU report, i hope that can help figure this out.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your response.

I want to confirm if you have another overclocking software installed on your system.

Also, you mentioned that the problem started after upgrading to Windows 11, so I want to suggest reinstalling windows 10 to confirm if the issue is related to the Operating System.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Peebz
Beginner

Hi, I have none that would be able to effect CPU/Ram clocks, i do have MSI afterburner for my GPU though, and theres never been any conflict with them, I am currently unable to revert back to windows 10 Id loose too much having to do a fresh reinstall im afraid,, i did notice i was able to overclock on the versions before 7.7.0.12 of XTU, Do you know of a place where i could get the previous versions just to check if its a XTU version issue.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Peeps,

The information provided has been helpful.

Regarding your question, I noticed that your motherboard's manufacturer has another version for the Intel® XTU; they state that it is version 7.3.0.33; this can be found on their download web page (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z590-A-PRO/support#utility). If you would try it, my suggestion is to completely uninstall the actual version of the program following these steps:

• Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
  • Use the Windows* 10 Apps and Features.
  • Search for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
  • Click uninstall.
  • Open the Task Manager.
  • Check under Processes for XtuService.
  • If found, click End Task.

For more information about the process for uninstalling Intel® XTU visit the article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html)

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Peebz,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Peebz

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

0 Kudos