Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Unable to get 5.1 sound out of my computer with an Intel Celeron N4100 Processor (Gemini Lake)

RvanR1
Beginner

I have a HTPC powered by a Intel Celeron N4100 Processor (Gemini Lake) which is attached to an HDMI Matrix switch and this HDMI Matrix switch is attached to my DTS 5.1 receiver. If I attach my Apple TV 4K to the HDMI Matrix switch I have 5.1 sound as expected. When I connect my HTPC I however do not have the ability to select 5.1 sound in Windows 10 Pro. I guess the HDMI handshake is not done properly and as such Windows 10 Pro does not see the 5.1. sound as a possibility. Is there a way in the Intel Audio driver to hard input 5.1 sound as a possibility so that I can enjoy 5.1 sound?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
RvanR1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: What is the model of the motherboard? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? What is the model of the HDMI matrix switch? What is the model of the DTS 5.1 receiver? What is the model of the Apple TV? We recommend to install the audio drivers provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. In the following link you will find the the steps for setting up a Home Theater PC with 5.1 sound, even though the example is in reference to an Intel® NUC, it works also for other computers, please make sure to follow the steps to properly set up the connection: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008497/mini-pcs.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
RvanR1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RvanR1
Beginner

Hi Alberto R, thanks for following up. I did see your suggestion and figured that it would take me a lot of time to get it resolved if I could solve it at all. During my search for a solution on this HDMI handshake issue I ran into products from HDfury and I decided to give it a try and I ordered a Dr. HDMI 4K. I have put it between my HDMI output of my HTPC and the input to the HDMI Matrix switch and selected the correct mode and now I do have the ability to select 5.1 audio and that is working fine. So for me this issue is solved.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hi RvanR1, You are very welcome. Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you were able to find a solution and now the 5.1 audio is working properly. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos