Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Unable to install driver Intel Core I7-6700K

VStří
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I have Intel Core I7-6700K (4,0 GHz, 8MB, LGA 1151) processor and want to install drivers. I went to official page (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4-20-GHz- Downloads for Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.20 GHz) ) and tried to download latest driver.

I'm getting error message during the installation, that my my computer does not satisfy minimal requirement for software installation.

I tried older version of the driver with the same result.

I have W10, 64bit

motherboard: GIGABYTE AORUS Z270X-Gaming 7

processor: Intel Core I7-6700K (4,0 GHz, 8MB, LGA 1151)

graphical card: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition, 8GB GDDR5X

Here is information from hardware management:

I will appraciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

By default, when the BIOS detects that an add-in graphics card is present, the internal Intel HD Graphics engine is disabled. If you then make an attempt to install the Intel HD Graphics driver package, you will see the Minimum Requirements error message. This is normal and expected.

It is unfortunate that Intel has chosen to not resolve this terrible ambiguity in their installation engine. I guess they would rather see all of these panicked messages being sent to the support engineers.

...S

0 Kudos
VStří
Beginner

Thank You very much for explanation Scott!

What are my options for having up-to-date driver for my CPU? HW manager says, that my current driver is from 2009

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Which driver are you talking about? And which version of Windows are you using?

0 Kudos
VStří
Beginner

I'm using W10 (64bit) and I assume, that "some" driver needs to be installed for the processor. I reinstalled the Windows 10 and have not found any applicable driver for CPU

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Actually, with the exception of the Intel HD Graphics driver, there are no other drivers required for the processor itself. That said, the processor works hand-in-hand with the chipset (the Platform Controller Hub (PCH)) to provide support for a host of hardware devices contained within the PCH and for various special technologies.

There are a number of packages associated with the PCH:

• The Intel Chipset Device Software package. This package doesn't actually install any device drivers, per se. Instead, it installs a number of INF files that configure many of the device drivers provided as part of Windows to optimally support the Intel processor and chipset.
  • The Intel Management Engine Corporate/Consumer Driver package, which installs the support necessary for technologies that are hosted or supported by the Intel Management Engine.
  • The Intel Serial I/O Driver package, which implements support for devices used to communicate over various serial communications mediums, included I²C buses, the SPI bus, UARTs and GPIOs.

There are also a number of packages associated with specific technologies, including (but not limited to):

• The Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) package, which installs the drivers and support software necessary for utilizing RAID and Intel Optane Technology.
  • The Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX) package, which installs the drivers, libraries and other software components that are necessary to support secure remote computation, secure web browsing, digital rights management, etc.
  • The Intel Ready Mode Technology (RMT) package, which installs the drivers and software necessary to support a special low power mode, similar to that provided by smartphones and tablets, which keeps your PC ready to connect and share your content, even when you're away from your desk.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
VStří
Beginner

Thank You very much Scott, that provided me with all information needed.

Have a wonderfull day

0 Kudos