breakoff22
Beginner

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K - 83.5%

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super) - 113.9%

SSD: WD Green 120GB (2016) - 27.7%

HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 84.8%

RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000 C16 2x8GB - 69.4%

MBD: MSI Z270-A PRO (MS-7A71)

I was curious about my seemingly low frames in Overwatch (<130) playing at low settings with a 75% render scale, and I looked into it and my CPU is constantly at 100% usage. I looked into it and my friend, who has a worse CPU and GPU than I, pulls consistently 200 FPS on higher settings than I, and I was wondering what I can do to fix my underperforming CPU.  75% render scale I believe means 720p.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

breakoff22, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to the production of your friend's computer, just to let you know, every computer is different, they are 2 completely different worlds when it comes to performance, they cannot be compared unless they are using the same exact components and even then, in that situation, the performance might be different as well, some games work better on older platforms.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Did you build it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

This problem, does it happen just with Overwatch or with other games as well?

Did you check the game requirements to make sure your platform complies with them?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Are you doing overclocking?

Which application/program are you using to measure the FPS?

Where are you seeing the Intel® Processor and Graphics card utilization? Could you please provide a screenshot?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your system:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello breakoff22, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello breakoff22, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos