Unknown Device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2

DWadd1
Beginner

MODO: Asus H97 Plus

CPU: Intel i4690k (not overclocked)

======================

Question

================

Is there anyway to identify what this device is or was and if so how?

==================

Background

==================

This may be an ASUS or Windows 7 Issue, but hoping someone can help.

Microsofts Event Viewer states:

"Warning -- The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2"

Now it appears their may be two different issues associated with this error.

I'm interested in the second.

# 1)

The first (which I resolved sometime ago) is that in "CP > Device Manager" you get a yellow warning for a missing driver.

If the "AMDA00 Interface" exists and "no" yellow warning and message stating: "driver is functioning", I'm assuming the driver is working.

# 2)

The OS doesn't like something. My guess is it is looking for something and can't find it. What that something is ????

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team, dw85745.I will be more than glad to assist you.

In this case, the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2 is not provided by either our Graphics drivers or the processor. Please get in touch with https://support.microsoft.com/en-us Microsoft* so they can let you know how to solve this issue.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
DWadd1
Beginner

Antony S.

Thanks for taking your time to respond.

0 Kudos
RickyThaDragon
Beginner

Another way is to simply extract your "ACPI Tables" and look inside the "DSDT" for ("PNP0A0A") and see what it refers to and and that should tell what its doing or what its function is suppossed to be.  In Windows You can use software tool created by CorpNewt available on GitHub called- "SSDT Time" -to extract the native ACPI Tables from the PC. You open up SSDT Time and it goes to a command line interface and gives you a list of options. From those simply choose the one that says extract the DSDT. I believe its number 8, anyways thats it . In the SSDT TIME FOLDER there will be a subfolder called "Results". It is inside there. It wil be in a "aml" and "dsl" format. Windows options to view these files,the ____dsl should be readable in most text editors. The "aml" on the other hand will not be and will require a software called "xiAsl"  it is available on GitHub and is a DSDT- SSDT IDE Editor, and works very well in Windows and exceptionly well in macOS.

It does not have a "Dark mode" FOR Windows ......

So the workaround is to use "High Contrast Mode" and then the Application will be much easier on the  eyes. The macOS version has adark mode fpr the app but Windows does not which is strange but anyways..I know thos is old post but its what grabbed m attention and made me create a account here so i figure i would re[ly since the reply you got was very not helpful whatsoever. Have agood day

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Rather silly to respond to a 5-year old thread.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos