Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

Upgrading CPU on a MSI Indio motherboard

C7007
Beginner

Hello! I'm coming here to ask a question about my possibilities in terms of CPU ugrade. 

I'm currently using a HP-Pavilion PC running Windows 10, with 6 Go of DDR3 RAM, a NVidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti, and an Intel Core i5 750-Lynnfield CPU, all of this mounted on a MSI-7613(Indio) motherboard.

Although this computer is working very well, I am currently considering a CPU upgrade, since I updated most of the other components and since I'm using 3D modelling and rendering softwares quite a lot. 

So I was wondering, does this motherboard support newer CPUs? Since the one I'm currently using is from 2009, and I can't find a lot of recent informations about my motherboard. HP's website states the only possible upgrade would be the Intel Core i7 Lynnfield, but maybe there are other possibilities? (Well I kinda hope there are). 

Thanks for your consideration and any possible answers. Also, please do tell me if I'm asking this on the wrong forum. I don't really know who I should ask, the motherboard or the CPU manufacturers. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

You must contact MSI and ask them which processors are supported by THEIR BIOS.  Then, you can select from those.

My personal opinion is that you are wasting your time and money trying to upgrade.  Spend your money on a new(er) system that is fully supported on Windows 10.  My recomendation is something with a 6th gen processor or later.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You must contact MSI and ask them which processors are supported by THEIR BIOS.  Then, you can select from those.

My personal opinion is that you are wasting your time and money trying to upgrade.  Spend your money on a new(er) system that is fully supported on Windows 10.  My recomendation is something with a 6th gen processor or later.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
C7007
Beginner

Well I guess you're right. Thanks anyway! Time for me to leave that old machine behind

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello C7007,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos