Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14537 Discussions

Using Intel performance maximizer questions

JazzN7
New Contributor I

I read the user guide but I'm confused on some aspects. 

I have an i9-11900k and ran the program for this processor. Had no issues for the most part.

Should I run this program with Adaptive boost enabled? or enable adaptive boost now that I have ran it? Should I use XTU optimize also after then fact? Sorry for the multiple questions, I'm just trying to figure out additional steps to increase performance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JazzN7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

We have the article Overclock Your CPU Using Intel® Performance Maximizer. It has information about the suggested steps about how to install the Intel® Performance Maximizer.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/resources/performance-maximizer.html

There is no information about enabling the Intel® Adaptive Boost Technology (Intel® ABT) after or before the Intel® Performance Maximizer. However, you must consider that adding higher frequencies to the processor may affect performance.

About your question about the usage of the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), it is recommended to use it for checking your system performance by stress-testing and monitoring your Intel® CPU. Again if you set higher frequencies, your system performance may be affected.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JazzN7,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
JazzN7
New Contributor I

When I ran IPM with ABT enabled it would fail. 

0 Kudos