Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

Using intel xtu to add voltage ,what will happen if pc crash

hjun01
Beginner

I tried to overclock my i3-9350kf . I set in bios 'cpu core voltage' to 1.34V, but what happend is in wondows 10 cpuz showed it's just 1.255v ,that is much lower than my bios setting . I have set LLC to line 1 (the best of ASrock motherboard ) .SO, trying to use intle xtu to add voltage , will set 'core voltage offset' to 0.01 and more and more. My question is what will happen if the pc crash ? I will not be able to redo it because i can't run into windows .

Or do you have other good tricks to let the voltage go up ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

hjun01, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, actually, altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. So basically, it is not for sure what might happen if the PC crash due to adding voltage to the Intel® Processor. 

Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications.

Please refer to the information at the bottom of the page to confirm those details:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html

So, basically what we recommend to do is to use the Intel® Processor at stock configurations, meaning with the default BIOS settings and without altering clock frequency or voltage. If the Intel® Procesor gets damage for changing the voltage on it, it will not be cover under Intel® warranty.

As an alternative, you can always visit and submit your inquiry in the overclockers forums for peer to peer assistance, they might be able to provide further suggestions on this topic:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos