Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Utilize single core (Application uses only single core) of i7-8550U CPU to 4.00 GHz.

DJado
Beginner

Hi,

I have a single core intensive application and Laptop is configured with 

i7-8550U CPU.

I would like to utilize single core to the maximum of 4.00 GHz as supported by the processor.

OS is Win 10 and 16GB RAM.

How can I achieve it single core maximum performance of 4.00 GHz for this application on my laptop?

Thanks,

~DJ

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello DJado,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I would like to inform you that it is true that your processor (Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor) can support up to 4.00GHz but only at Max Turbo Frequency, and the process is done automatically. 

The operation is dependent on headroom available in one or more cores. The amount of time the system spends in turbo boost mode depends on workload, environment, and platform design.

The processor must be working in the power, temperature, and specification limits of the thermal design power (TDP). This results in increased performance of both single and multithreaded applications. There is no need to install any software or application to support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology.

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello DJado,

Were you able to check the previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello DJado,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos