Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Velocidad Ram con procesadores 11th

MatiasEndres
Beginner

Hola! tengo un i7-11700, y las especificaciones dicen que acepta DDR4-3200 pero mis memorias son de 3600Mhz, voy a poder configurarlo de alguna manera? o esa velocidad se va a desperdiciar?

saludos

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It depends. The BIOS default may be to enable XMP and thus it will attempt to run at 3600MHz. If it cannot enable XMP (i.e. the memory failed to work at 3600MHz) or if it is configured to not use XMP, then it should run at 3200MHz. If there is something really wrong (this would typically be a motherboard issue), the BIOS might even back off to 2133MHz (the lowest speed for DDR4).

Bottom line, check at runtime what speed the memory is running at (apps like AIDA64, HWiNFO64, etc. can tell you this). If it is 3200MHz or less, go into BIOS Setup and see whether support for XMP is enabled. If it is enabled, then you know your motherboard is either not supporting faster memory or has a problem.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It depends. The BIOS default may be to enable XMP and thus it will attempt to run at 3600MHz. If it cannot enable XMP (i.e. the memory failed to work at 3600MHz) or if it is configured to not use XMP, then it should run at 3200MHz. If there is something really wrong (this would typically be a motherboard issue), the BIOS might even back off to 2133MHz (the lowest speed for DDR4).

Bottom line, check at runtime what speed the memory is running at (apps like AIDA64, HWiNFO64, etc. can tell you this). If it is 3200MHz or less, go into BIOS Setup and see whether support for XMP is enabled. If it is enabled, then you know your motherboard is either not supporting faster memory or has a problem.

Hope this helps,

...S

MatiasEndres
Beginner
Wow, thank you.
So, doesn't matter I don't have a Intel processor with the "K" multiplier?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

While this is considered a form of overclocking, it has nothing to do with the processor clock multiplier (the memory buses are separate).

...S

0 Kudos