Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Very Low Resolution

Geoff1000
Beginner

I just purchased a Gigabyte AORUS Z590 Elite AX motherboard and an Intel i7-11700K processor. BIOS on motherboard has been updated to latest version.

I managed to install Windows 10, but at the end of the setup process it went bing bing as if adding drivers, and the display went black, I left it for a while but display never come back. Eventually I reboot and on reboot screen goes white then fades to black but seems as though device still boots up just no display.

I put in a basic spare graphics card I have, and Windows comes up fine on that. I looked in device manager and there is no Intel UHD 750 graphics driver installed, I go into BIOS and Integrate Graphic is set to Auto, I change the Integrate Graphic option to Enabled go back into Windows and the Intel UHD 750 graphics driver is there (30.0.100.9955),

Primary monitor is through graphics card and second monitor is through motherboard/processor, I have tried multiple DisplayPort cables and monitors

One of the issues I have is I can only set the resolution to 1024x768 on the Intel UHD 750 if I set it any higher the screen goes white and fades to black.

Other issue is if I take the graphics card out and just try and use the Integrated Graphic card I just get a white screen that fades to black on boot and nothing more happens but Windows does still seem to boot

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Geoff1000, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

When did you purchase the board?

When did you purchase the Intel® processor?

What is the model of the monitors?

Which video ports are you using to connect them?

Are you using adapters or converters to connect them?

Did you build the computer?

Even though the computer is new, at some point, was this configuration ever work fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides updating the BIOS and the graphics driver that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Geoff1000
Beginner

When did you purchase the board = 28/9/2021

When did you purchase the Intel® processor = 28/9/2021

What is the model of the monitors = Philips 242B1 LCD monitor with Windows Hello Webcam 242B1H/75 | Philips & Acer H243HX

Which video ports are you using to connect them = Integrated graphics > DisplayPort > Philips / Graphics Card > HDMI > Acer

Are you using adapters or converters to connect them = No

Did you build the computer = Yes

Even though the computer is new, at some point, was this configuration ever work fine before = No

When did the issue start = 28/9/2021

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides updating the BIOS and the graphics driver that might cause this problem = No

Which Windows* version are you using = Windows 11

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment = No

Thanks for assistance 

Geoff

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Geoff1000, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the information showing in the SSU documentation, as you mentioned, the graphics driver currently installed on your computer is version 30.0.100.9955, provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Just to let you know, the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your specific machine. That is why always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Gigabyte's website and the latest graphics driver version they have available in there is 27.20.100.9805, for Windows* 11. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below and then test the computer to verify if now you have the option to set a resolution higher than 1024x768 with no problems:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z590-AORUS-ELITE-AX-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-vga

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Based on the SSU report, it seems also that there is a different BIOS version reported as the newest one on their website, version F6 / 2021/09/23. So, we advise to get in contact directly with Gigabyte support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your system or to gather the instructions on how to do that. Also to verify you are using the optimal BIOS settings since it is always recommended to use the BIOS at stock configuration with the default BIOS settings:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z590-AORUS-ELITE-AX-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Geoff1000
Beginner

The BIOS is the latest F6 already 

BIOS Version/Date:"American Megatrends International, LLC. F6 , 08/23/2021"

BIOS:"F6, ALASKA - 1072009"

I tried the Gigabyte 27.20.100.9805 driver again, doing a clean install and no it didn't resolve the issue, maximum resolution I can set on the Intel UHD 750 is still 1024x768

Geoff1000

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Geoff1000, Thank you very much for confirming those details.

We will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that, please provide the DxDiag report. In the Windows* search bar enter, dxdiag, save the information and attach the file to the thread.

Also, just to confirm, if you tried to set up the resolution using the Windows* settings, do you still get 1024x768 as a maximum resolution?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Geoff1000
Beginner

Sorry for the delay reply

I moved the computer, which meant I unplugged every and then after moving plugged everything back in.

The problem I have now is I am not getting any display from the onboard graphics card, it doesn't seem to recognise a monitor is plugged in.

I tried the Gigabyte 27.20.100.9805 driver and the Intel 30.0.100.9955 driver, but neither will detect the monitor attached now.

I am also having some issues with Bluetooth as well, so I am starting to think it is faulty motherboard

I have included the dxdiag report

Geoff

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Geoff1000, No problem at all, thank you very much for letting us know those aspects and providing the DxDiag report.

"I am starting to think it is faulty motherboard", yes, that could be very well the issue, a hardware problem with the board itself.

According to the information on the DxDiag document, as you mentioned, the computer is working with two graphics controllers, NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 and Intel® UHD Graphics 750. The details for Nvidia show that the Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) and Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz), using the HDMI port. That information is not showing for the Intel® graphic controller, it does detect the driver version though, 30.0.100.9805.

"One of the issues I have is I can only set the resolution to 1024x768 on the Intel UHD 750 if I set it any higher the screen goes white and fades to black". While the monitor is attached to the computer and the Intel® graphics controller is working, even though the resolution is set to 1024x768, please run the Intel® graphics report, in there we should be able to confirm if, in fact, the screen is being properly detected and the resolutions supported/available for this system:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Geoff1000, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Geoff1000, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Geoff1000
Beginner

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I have been playing with trying to get display working again on the Intel Graphics card.

Which I managed to do.

It does give me the options to set higher options but if I set it to anything higher than 1024x768 it doesn't display anything

I have included the reports you asked for.

I have included it when set to 1920x1080 and when set to 1024x768

I have also some of the previous reports again at the different settings, the SSU reports included 3rd party reports which includes Dxdiag

I have included screenshots of Display Settings when set using different methods

I have included photos of the setup showing the states of working

I have also included a video of what happens when I change the resolution from 1024x768 to 1920x1080

Geoff

0 Kudos