Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14517 Discussions

WHEA BSOD's and Intel Turbo Boost - Please assist!

TPerr9
Beginner

Hey Intel Community! :) Hope everyone is well.

Here are some screenshots of what my "Event Viewer" looks like at the moment for /system/

https://i.imgur.com/dVbuTZ5.png

And another from my /application/

https://i.imgur.com/lUsSeyY.png

Now, most of these errors do repeat and some do not. But I've been attempting to figure out why I'm BSOD'ing for about 3 solid weeks now and I'm LOSING MY MIND, haha!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some of the "General" information contained in some of the logs at the time of BSOD:

"Faulting application name: EyeRest.exe, version: 1.0.1.23, time stamp: 0x599a89d5

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.239, time stamp: 0xe665f337

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00113442

Faulting process id: 0x1af0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d53fb1d19f1037

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\MSI OC Kit\ActiveX_Service\EyeRest.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll"

and another:

"Faulting application name: VideoCardMonitorII.exe, version: 1.0.1.6, time stamp: 0x582d46e3

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.239, time stamp: 0xe665f337

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00113442

Faulting process id: 0x19c0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d53fb1d19d0a11

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\MSI OC Kit\ActiveX_Service\VideoCardMonitorII.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll"

and another:

"Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.

] "

another:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

And last one I'll show:

"The server {021E4F06-9DCC-49AD-88CF-ECC2DA314C8A} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will mention that these BSOD's /only/ happen when I have 'Intel Turbo Boost' set to enabled in my BIOS. But without ITB, I receive about 20-40% less performance when playing video games.

Here is a screenshot of HWiNFO64 in action:

https://i.imgur.com/4CZKhqs.png

and

https://i.imgur.com/TmZe8Qj.png

As you can see, my CPU cores all run at about a solid 30 C and while gaming, they go to maybe about 50-68 C.

MOBO runs at about 30-50 C at all times and GPU at around 30-50 C.

PC SPECS:

MOBO: MSI B360 Gaming Plus MS-7B22

CPU: Intel I7 8700 (non k) w/ stock cooler

RAM: 2x8 GB DDR4 Corsair RGB 3200 MHz (mobo runs at 2133MHz because 3k isn't supported - unless I turn on XMP, which it will run at ~2800MHz)

GFX: NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI

Windows 10 x64 Running latest version (19.03) I believe

PSU: 540W Seasonic

I've already re-installed Windows. I've re-installed drivers using the best uninstallers before doing so. I've ran Memtest and no errors. I've done almost all basic troubleshooting steps I can think of, but I'm still incurring BSOD's :( Any time that Intel Turbo Boost is turned on and sometimes either immediately after turning on my PC and logging in, or while in a graphically intensive game, it will give me usually a WHEA BSOD or, very seldom, a "clock_watchdog_timeout" or "Check_Error_Exception" BSOD's. (If I remember those correctly). Nothing appears to be overheating, nothing sounds loud in my case. All drivers seem updated and well. I see that some of those may be MSI related, but my drivers for MSI are all updated and running their latest version. (Currently 2.70)

Any Ideas anyone? lol. Apologies for the long post!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You appear to have an overclocking application from MSI installed. Uninstall this application and see how things go then.

H​ope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
TPerr9
Beginner

Alrighty. Will give that a shot and see what happens!

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello TPerr9,

Were you able to test the recommendations provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello TPerr9,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos