WHEA LOGGER 19 error

Asryan
Beginner
Hi,
i just got some WHEA error notified in Hw Infos
In even monitor, here's what I have
Source : WHEA LOGGER
Event : 19
A corrected hardware error has occurred.
Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Unknown Error Source
Error type : internal parity error
ID APIC of the processor: 6
I have a 9900k / maximus hero XII / all is up to date
It was when playing some cold war online. I just had this error but no crash, no BSOD, all was fine
Any idea what can be the cause of it?
Thanks
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Asryan, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario about "WHEA_UNRECOVERABLE_ERRORS", in the following links you will find suggestions or troubleshooting steps to try to fix this problem, please also look at the suggested links under "Related topics" as well since it will take you to other sites with additional recommendations and a possible solution:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000028099/processors/intel-core-processors....

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025090/processors.html

In order to rule out a possible hardware problem with the Intel® Processor, we can run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, it does an overall test on the unit and if it passes the test it means it is working properly and the problem is related to a different component:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

We also suggest to contact ASUS directly to gather the instructions on how to do a BIOS update to the latest version, to report this scenario and verify if they have a possible fix for this issue:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results of trying the steps above so, if necessary, we can further assist you.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Helo Asryan, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Asryan
Beginner

Hi,

I didn't really had time to do proper testing, just tried to launch the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit, is  it normal that my CPU went up to 70c when launching it? 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
That temperature, as an average, is actually really good. Short-duration spikes - even into the 90's - are fine as well.
...S
0 Kudos
Asryan
Beginner

Oh ok i've pushed a bit the vcore but still having this whea but it seems to only happen in ONE game so... i'll try to do the cpu test this weekend 

0 Kudos
Asryan
Beginner

I ran the  Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and all pass without issues. max temp was 74c

It seems that this error happens only in one game can it be possible?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Asryan, Thank you very much for providing those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the unit passed the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test, we can confirm now that there is no hardware issue with the Intel® Processor and it should be working fine.

And yes, the problem could be related to just one game, did you check the system requirements of that game to make sure your computer complies with them?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Asryan
Beginner
Yep and well having a 9900k with a 3090 and 32g of ram i don't think that's the issue.

Could it be ram related?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Very possibly. Having the problem occur in only that one game may be as a result of that game being 'larger' and utilizing memory that isn't used by other games. Your best bet is to run a facility like MemTest86 or MemTest86+. Do a full 24-hour test if you can make the system available for that long.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos