Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

WHEA-LOGGER 19 when idling .Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error. Asus Z370 Tuf issue?

SLitw
Beginner

Hello. I am checking event logs from 23.10.2018 and have spam of WHEA-LOGGER 19 entries, each every 1 minute,when system is idling or i am just in windows/desktop.

When i run all stress tests and benches and games like Assassin Creed, Far Cry 5,etc,all heavy for cpu and system....no whea in events. But when i am idling or doing something in windows or idling its logging in events. System is smooth and no crashing or data corruption.

Is this reason to worry? My actually Windows 10 is 1803.

Ah and i remember i had them too on 21.01 january but they dissapeared after 21.01 january.

On january 21.01 , Windows 10 1709 build 16299.15 it was.

But now they appeared again after few months. I must say that i was little surprised that i saw them again after few months especially on idle .

Windows 10 1803 actually.

A spam of:

WHEA Event ID 19 CPU-corrected hw error

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Corrected Machine Check

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Screens are from january 21.01 but this is the same of course warning whea entry:

My pc:

8700K ( MCE is on , always was on 4700mhz )

2x8GB DDR4 3000MHZ GSKILL

Corsair 750rmi

Asus Z370 Pro Gaming ( bios old from august 2017 )

Gtx 2080 Ti Gigabyte Windforce ( actually ). On january i had Aorus 1080 ti.

1xssd , 1xHdd

Dont have any crashing,no freezing,no bsods,scores are fine etc.

In 15.10 october i add only new GPU Rtx 2080 Ti , before was 1080 Ti. Coincidence i think?

Conclusion: It happened again repeatedly after plugging Gigabyte Windforce 2080 ti . That whea-logger 19 cache hierarchy error ( war...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello frusciante23,

Thank you for posting.

Since the error message is occurring with the cards you plugged and the Windows® 10 version you have installed the issue could be related to the motherboard, the cards or even that specific build version. Our recommendation in this case is to check with your computer manufacturer for more assistance regarding this issue.

According to the Microsoft forums, this event indicates that there is a hardware problem. A machine check exception indicates a computer hardware error that occurs when a computer's central processing unit detects a hardware problem. And, some of the suggestions to address this matter can be found below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/whea-logger/897a3ec3-c92f-4b4e-980e-824ade948cf8 WHEA-LOGGER - Microsoft Community

Additionally, you can run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to check the health of your processor.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

It happened again repeatedly after plugging Gigabyte Windforce 2080 ti . Coincidence? That whea-logger 19 cache hierarchy error ( warning ). Windows 1803 the newest build ( KB ).

During games not warnings. Only on idle/when i doing anything or searching www sites,thats all.

Its happening only in idle with cpu usage 0% and all process killed. Like vacuum when there is nothing. Weird. I know even at idle,all process killed and windows is still working, but ok ,0-1% usage and warnings ?!

So i was reading through internet about my motboard ( i am noob sorry with this things ) and found something about vcore,vdroop,LLC and SVID. So i guessing that this is related to idle only , yes?

And read about fixed bioses on asus z370 ( prime/strix/maximums,etc and pro gaming ). Link:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/1640168-asus-z370-motherboard-series-official-support-thread-12.htm

https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/1640168-asus-z370-motherboard-series-official-support-thread-12.html

https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/1640168-asus-z370-motherboard-series-official-support-thread-12.html https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/1640168-asus-z370-motherboard-series-official-support-thread-12.html

RajaAsus:" New beta builds with revised rules for SVID behaviour and LLC (similar to the 0430 build for the Strix Z370-E):...."

TUF Z370 Pro Gaming UEFI build 0802

And finally my bios is some version 0215 from august 2017.

I updated gpu drivers but the same .

So question. This new bios will help to that wheas ! ?Thx.

SVID behaviour and LLC , is because of that?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I do not believe that is a coincidence, plugging that video card is a trigger of the error. At this stage and based on your results, this could be an issue related to your motherboard or video cards.

Only your computer manufacturer can confirm if the BIOS will help with the error message. I would also recommend checking with ASUS regarding Vcore, vdroop, LLC, and SVID since they are related to the motherboard. Their support should be able to provide more detailed information about these BIOS settings.

Amy C

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Also maybe it is somehow related.

I boot pc with new GPU , 15.10.2018 and event log reported this:

Kernel-29:Windows failed fast start up with error status 0xC00000D4

Only event log report this, i dont had crash or something. And it happened once,i mean it report just once, cause i tried to reproduce

Back to wheas 19 I do not believe too that is a coincidence, plugging that video card is a trigger of the error. i think too. But i tried newest drivers and the same. Maybe should i ask other users with the same mobo and the same bios or something? Also whea 19 cache hierarchy error can be related to gpu/drivers too not only mobo/cpu?

They appearing every minute,and only in idle with cpu usage 0% and all process killed and sometimes when i open some browser etc. . Weird.

During full load not wheas, i can play 12 hours and no wheas in event logs.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, that is a good idea. You can check the motherboard's forums. As mentioned before, I would contact ASUS support first they might help you identify if there is something wrong with the motherboard. Since one of the triggers is plugging with the video card, yes it could be related to card or drivers.

Amy C

0 Kudos