Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14396 Discussions

WHY INTEL HAS GIVEN TWO DIFFERENT NAMES FOR I7 8TH GEN 8706G PROCESSOR

RAJU2529
New Contributor III

Today I noticed that   both  processors  are  having all  same features . but launced date is  different  .

This launch date is ignored, while  buying laptops ,yjem  how  to  know  the exact   processor has  embedded on the laptop

Because  both  are  same features  ​and same model no but with different extension names

Names of the processors

Intel® Core™ i7-8706G Processor with Radeon™ pro MX Vega M GL graphics

Intel® Core™ i7-8706G Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega M GL graphics

here is  the  comparision link of  two processors https://ark.intel.com/compare/148963,130406

I think it should  have been named with different model like 8707G

Thanks for reading my post

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RAJU2529, Thank you for your response. When purchasing the product it should say on the box the model of the processor including the graphics adapter, also, it should be possible to identify the processor with the markings in the warranty information site. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RAJU2529, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with the feedback and opinion, I have notated in your case for future references. Keep in mind that both products have a different integrated graphics adapter, one being the RX Vega M GL and the other one being the Pro WX Vega M GL, which make each one of the models different from one another. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​both RX Vega M GL and  Pro WX Vega M GL having same  graphics specifications, 

then how to find real differences them

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RAJU2529, Thank you for your response. In this case they do have the same specifications but the controller is different. That is the reason why they are labeled differently, even when the specifications are the same it needs to be labeled according to the right graphics controller. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I agree with your words .

Is there any way to identify before purchase except boxed product

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RAJU2529, Thank you for your response. When purchasing the product it should say on the box the model of the processor including the graphics adapter, also, it should be possible to identify the processor with the markings in the warranty information site. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

you can close the case , but I am satisfied with half

0 Kudos