Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Warranty Coverage for i5 12600KF

cathreya
Beginner

Hi. I was wondering if an i5 12600KF Processor purchased in Canada, has warranty coverage in India. I checked the warranty guide and no mention of this is found.
I found earlier posts (2018) stating "You can claim warranty globally for Intel® Boxed Processors except in Australia, China, and India. Those countries have country-specific warranty policies for Intel Boxed Processors."
Is this still applicable?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @cathreya

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please allow us to review this inquiry further. We will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello cathreya

After checking the Intel® Boxed Processors Three-Year Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions, we can see that there is a section for Country-specific warranties, one of them for India.

In the LIMITED WARRANTY - INDIA PDF document, under the section "HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE", the warranty policy states the following: "Only Intel Products sold by Intel Authorised Distributors in India and purchased in India are eligible for warranty service within India".

This means a processor purchase in Canada is not eligible for a warranty claim in India.

We hope this clarifies your concern. If you have additional inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello cathreya

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos