Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14397 Discussions

Watch Dogs Legions on Windows 10 does not launch on Alder Lake CPU's

curthard89
Novice

Hello,

Title says it all really, Watch Dogs Legions does not launch on Windows 10 (apparently it does on Windows 11) with Alder Lake CPUs.

This is due to DRM they use, Ubisoft don't seem to care (obviously), but Intel have worked in past to fix the issues along with Microsoft so thought id post it here.

After about 40 attempts it will launch (assuming it did not use the e-cores at this point) (but can crash during game).

Only way around it at the moment is to disable the e-cores in the BIOS.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello curthard89

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We apologize for the delay, an agent tried to contact you via email. To continue with this case please share with us the following information:

• Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
  • Please confirm if different drivers were tested
  • Share with us the complete outcome Ubisoft provided

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
curthard89
Novice

Hey David, 

I did, I actually replied via email as I seem to have people from various methods from Intel talking to me, did not realise this was from the thread not the ticket.

Please find attached information from the SSU.

Regarding Ubisoft, they don't care, they saw that you can work around it with disabling the E-Cores and have moved on in life, they are the worst, just assume its someone else's problem.

Basically, Ubisoft won’t fix it, they have no care about it, they won’t even reply anymore.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. Let me continue with the investigation and I will get back to you.

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @curthard89

Intel is working on resolving the DRM issue on 12th Gen intel® Core™ Processors that caused games to crash or not load in Windows 11* and/or Windows® 10 by working with game publishers and Microsoft. At this time, all games originally identified as having this DRM issue have been fixed through game patches or OS updates. Please make sure:

• Your BIOS is up to date. As per OEM, the latest is 1003 (Current: 0404)
  • Drivers are up to date.
  • The game doesn't have any pending updates.
  • Windows doesn't have any pending updates.

After you update the aspects above, please try again and let us know if the issue persists.

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
curthard89
Novice

Hello,

Yes I have tried all of that, ill just have to wait, I am not going to use the 1003 BIOS as it has memory issues, the only really stable BIOS is 0404 that I have found. Also 1003 still has the issue.

Everything else is up to date, including the very latest Windows updates from a few days ago.

Basically unless Intel resolve it with the publisher (which I assume won't happen as thing its all dandy) then this will never get resolved. Judging by the responses that clearly you don't even know what is going on, this problem just won't go away.

I have done my part and flagged it, just more and more people getting the game and cant play on 12th gen CPU's.

Cheers anyway

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are investigating this request to help as much as we can. If we need more information from you we will let you know.

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

@curthard89 Please try the following workaround:

• Enable Legacy Game Compatibility Mode with affected games that have not received a software fix:
  1. Power-up system and enter system BIOS setup.
  2. Enable switch Legacy Game Compatibility Mode to ON (one-time only) in BIOS.
  3. Save BIOS setup changes and exit.
  4. Boot to OS.
  5. Toggle Keyboard Scroll Lock key ON.
  6. Launch affected game title.
  7. Toggle Keyboard Scroll Lock key OFF after ending game title.

If these options are not available in the BIOS, contact your BIOS vendor to get information on when this feature will be implemented.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
curthard89
Novice

Hey David,

That is a work around yes, however the BIOS version I am using does not have this, the BIOS versions that have this are very buggy and BSOD a and are unstable with various memory configs.

As you said, its a work around, not a fix for the issue, its exactly the same as me just disabling the e-cores :-).

I just want to know if Intel are working on sorting it, like they have with other vendors, you guys even helped Ubisoft sort out Assassins Creed for the same issue.

Cheers

Curtis

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

In this case, you need to contact the motherboard OEM if those BIOS settings are not available. They can confirm when the updates will be released and the fixes included. Also, the game developer needs to do include the fix through game patches or OS updates (working with Microsoft). For more information visit:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos