Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

We need proof to show to the customer why we should quote generation 2 instead of Generation 1 below example: =>Intel Xeon-Silver 4110 replace by Intel Xeon-Silver 4208

RZeyd
Beginner

please share with us PDF

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello RZeyd,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® Processors Community.

I understand that you are looking for proof to show why you should use Generation 2 Xeon* processors instead of Generation one. This is something that should be analyzed depending on the use as well as the technologies needed and the features.

To elaborate, parting from your example, the Intel ® Xeon Silver 4110 has slightly less turbo boost speed than the Intel ® Xeon Silver 4208; also, the amount of memory supported by the latter is larger than the first one. You can have more information in the link below where you can find a comparison between both processors:

Intel ® Xeon processors comparison

In a general sense, some generation 2 Xeon* processors give you the ability to use Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory Module. For more information, you can check the link below which lists the different Generation 2 Xeon* Scalable processors:

Intel ® Xeon Generation 2 Scalable processors

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hello RZeyd,

I would like to know if you still need help with this information?

If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hello,

Due to the fact that we have not seen any recent activity on this thread.

I am going to proceed and close it. If you have more questions in the future do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos