Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Weird crash and after moment system restarted on 9900K and 2080 Ti.

SLitw
Beginner

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD

Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15

Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )

Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP

Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W

Monitor: AORUS AD27QD

SSD: Crucial 1TB

HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hello. I bought GPU in october 2019. All was super smooth,stable,no issues. I left many games running for hours without crash or restart. But............

Yesterday i left Metro Exodus when i go to work for 12 hours. When i back to home game was still running,fine. But when i click EXIT to main menu,monitor goes black screen and game crashed with display driver crash. After moment and after crash when i was on Windows 10 idle,pc restarted itself ( kernel 41 ). And now its fine again.

My question is GPU OR PSU get overheated ?

I clicked exit to main menu and it crashed to windows with display driver crash.

Next issue. After crash i was in Windows 10 and out of the blue, after 2-3 minutes pc just restarted. So why pc restarted itself? PSU ?

ps:

PSU is 2 months old.

Should i worry?

Just simply. After 12 hours i clicked ESC and exit to main menu,it crashed to desktop with driver crash. And after 2-3 minutes system from desktop just restarted out of the blue. And now its fine again. Weird?!

0 Kudos
41 Replies
SLitw
Beginner

Hello. So that unexpected reboot of system from desktop ( after game crash ) was caused by win32k_callout_watchdog? And its not hardware related?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

What I meant is that the error seems to be related to the software OS or game,

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Somebody said that this game crash and system reboot ( crash ) was related to memory leak. It can be true too?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sure, but where? OS? Graphics driver? The game itself? Anything is possible, which is why more than "somebody said" is important. Provide details.

Doc

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Mr.LeoC_Intel (Intel) so my 2 screens from pow32kwatchdog.dmp was analyzed and that reboot was not caused by hardware but software game or os?

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Somebody said this to me:"Kernel Power ID 41 occurs when the voltage for the CPU (VCore) drops. This can happen by too warm voltage converters (VRMs) of the mainboard. Check the CPU VRM temperature with HWiNFO. Remove dust and increase the speed of the case fans."

So dont listen to him?

But i had windows/livekernelreports/PoW32kwatchdog.dmp + KERNEL 41 POWER.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

The picture you have shared reports error that seems to be related to the software on the system. You can find more details about Event ID 41 on the following link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-event-id-41-restart, in order to evaluate the Intel® processor you can run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool or run the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility - Intel® XTU stress test, in addition, you can run a memory test on the system (using a recommend test form the RAM manufacturer), If all tests are positive I definitely recommend working with the software level.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

So my question. Do you analyze my file from 2 screens, yes? Windows/livekernelreports/pow32kwatchdog.dmp

And that file was reason of unexpected reboot from Windows 10 desktop,yes? And that was more software issue than hardware problem?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

The file C:\Windows\livekernelreports\pow32kwatchdog.dmp is a local destination file on your system we don't have access to it. it is recommended analyzing the Windows® dump files with Microsoft as they are the developers of the OS.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Hello. Mr LeoC. But you said previously that according to that my 2 screens ( pow32watchdog debug ) it was software related crash reboot.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

I was referring to the following links that you have shared:

https://i.postimg.cc/xCv9gqjd/w1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/01kGvUb.jpg

Both of those errors seem to be related to the OS, we still recommend debugging the log files with Microsoft.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Ok last question Mr.LeoC. So that system crash/reboot was caused by software / game / os ,not hardware?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Seriously? Between the two threads you've asked this question literally dozens of times now. No, none of us believe that the issue was caused by hardware. This opinion isn't going to change by you asking again and again and again.

SLitw
Beginner

Just last question. So that unexpected reboot from desktop ( when i log off and log in again ) after game crash to desktop was related propably to software?

C:/Windows/Livekernelreports/pow32kwatchdog.dmp <--that file created after reboot

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

I agree with N. Scott Pearson, we believe the issue that you are having is software related, never the less you can run the tests provided previously and if you feel that this can be caused by the Intel® Processor you can contact you local Intel support to look into the warranty possibilities.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Hey. Somebody said this to me:"1-It seems gpu/psu degraded. increase gpu core volts a notch and test the game that was causing problem. but before that just install old nvidia drivers and test....

2-RMA the card and try with new one

"

So it can be psu or gpu related or not listen to him?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ask your nvidia questions on the nvidia forum, not here.

Doc

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Wait i dont ask about . Why after reboot i dont had any bugcheck in event log? Only power KERNEL 41. And C:/windows/livekernelreports/pow32kwatchdog.dmp

Somebody said this to me:"

This event says the following:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

If there isn't a BugCheck event close by, then the hardware itself has malfunctioned in some way. You could have a faulty power supply, a faulty VRM, an intermittently-shorting system reset switch, or input power voltage drop that's too much for the PSU to handle.

You can rule out an input power problem with a UPS, but the other issues aren't something that you can pinpoint on consumer-grade hardware without external testing equipment. Given that this has only happened once, it's probably not worth pursuing.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Even if you are on a UPS, your power supply can still be bad or failing. The VRM is not Intel's, nor is the system reset switch.

"Given that this has only happened once, it's probably not worth pursuing."

Good, then there is nothing we need to discuss.

You have been pursueing this for 43 days now. What problem do you have at this point?

Doc

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

ask if hardware was malfunctioned or it was software issue

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have been provided the answer to that question numerous times.

Now, I have other things to do as I have some house guests who will not leave and will not take a hint.

Doc

0 Kudos