Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

What are the recommended values for the "Turbo Boost Short Power Max" and the "Turbo Boost Power Max" settings for the Intel Core i7-9750H?

fber
Beginner

Values on the internet seem to be set around 60 - 80 W (short) and around 50 W (long). In my case, both values were set to 200W per default. I am using a MSI GE-75 laptop, and suspect that the manufacturer may have changed the Intel factory settings to a different value.XTU_Settings.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello fber,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) is not supported by your processor. For this reason, we cannot guarantee that the tool is reporting accurate information about your system since BIOS may have compatibility issues with the tool.

Given that you are using a mobile system, our recommendation is that you make sure that your system is working under design specifications. In other words, make sure drivers and operating system are up to date.

Also, we recommend that you use BIOS default settings. To obtain more information about BIOS configuration and default parameters, try to contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

It is worth mentioning that your OEM may also have other tools to monitor the performance of your computer.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel