Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

What do I need to have my processor RMA'd? From what I can tell I need the box my CPU came in. Am I out of luck for getting this repaired?

CKoze1
Beginner

I just checked some of my specs and noticed that my temps were idling around 95-100+ Celsius. I cannot return it through Amazon as its just over a year for their policy. I may not be able to source the box the cpu had came in. Would this disqualify me from getting my processor refurbished?

housefire2.PNGhousefire.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Speccy is more than 18 months out-of-date, and I would not trust their readings.

Doc

0 Kudos
CKoze1
Beginner

I had checked them using HWinfo as well. hwinfo.PNG

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Have you checked your cooling system?

Is it free of dust and obstruction?

Provide the exact processor model number.

What version of WIndows 10? 1903?

What is the model number of your device/motherboard?

Doc

0 Kudos
CKoze1
Beginner

Yeah, I air dusted pretty much all my PC stuff outside before theres snow everywhere. Fans are faced properly and the CPU fan is snug. I did right after I noticed the temps as well to no avail.

Intel I7-8700K https://ark.intel(DOT)com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/126684/intel-core-i7-8700k-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz.html

My version of Windows 10 is 1903 but not as up to date as I've received error codes with each attempt at updating these past couple months. Im going to back up my info and reinstall windows.

AORUS (Gigabyte) Z370 Gaming WIFI

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Please report back after you get W10 1903 reinstalled.

Doc

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello CKoze1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to know if you were able to try the steps recommended by Al.Hill. Were you able to test after updating or reinstalling Windows® 1903?

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello CKoze1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos