Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

What is going on with the service requests?

JSlet
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to RMA my 4790k , but I get an error when submitting the form: Intel Customer Support Service Request Management is unavailable.

I cannot find any e-mail address for contacting support, nor access the live chat. Is it possible to get in touch with support without calling them. My schedule makes calling pretty awkward, so I would like to get in touch , preferably through the service request or by e-mail.

Jonas

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Sletten,

I regret for the inconvenience, our website was under maintenance but it is up and running now. US phone and chat support schedule is from Monday to Friday 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific Time). You can try Email and Online service.

Contact Support

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12 http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
JSlet
Beginner

It still does not work though. I am from Europe by the way, and the service request has not worked for nearly a week over there. I have been trying to access the chat , but no luck. There is no phone number or Email address provided for warranty requests. I seems like the only way is through chat and the RMA form, and I have not been able to use either of those.

Jonas

0 Kudos
SSiwi
Beginner

I'm having the same problems as you are and I am located in the US. I've been trying the service request form for a week with no luck and have not found any customer service email address. The chat for processor support never seems to be online. It's very frustrating, considering I have heard that Intel's customer service is top notch. You are not alone.

Steve

0 Kudos
PPapl
Beginner

Disappointed myself.

First, I wished customer service hours were not only M-F.

Secondly, if the system has been down since June 6th, it's been now 4-days and people can't submit RMA to their Intel products (i7-6700k CPU for me).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi guys,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I understand you want to replace the processor. It is necessary to contact our support center for support. The agent will collect your personal information, system info and will try to fix the issue. If it is not possible, the agent will set the RMA.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
PPapl
Beginner

Mike,

Thank you for the feedback. I've finally got a chance to call in this afternoon (6:20pm CST / 4:30pm PST) and I have been on hold for the past 15-minutes. Each 30-seconds that go by, I get the same annoying message:

"Thank you for calling Intel, your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line for next available agent."

So hearing this now 30-times while breaking up some of the smooth jazz music in the background is very frustrating, especially when you think that some is ready to assist you. It's tease that continues to teasing. Please stop it, Intel.

Secondly, the hours of support are poor. 7:00am through 5:00pm PST is not enough of a window to talk to. Therefore, majority of the callers from EST and CST time zones will load-up the lines for the last 2-3 hours of service. True support should extend into the evening hours, as people are finally coming home and are able to work on their hardware with Intel.

As I was typing the above, I managed to get a hold of an agent. We talked for about 10-minutes, and then suddenly she couldn't hear me. I tried for the next few minutes walking around my house hoping that I would get a better reception, but after 2-3 minutes of trying, she gave up on me and hung up. I'm going to request that next time the agent takes my number before I disconnected again.

I managed to call back before the 7:00pm CST (5:00pm PST) cut-off and I'm going through another round of waiting.

For reference, I've got 57 Blue Screens of Death, all of them with the same

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x124_genuineintel_processor_mae

0 Kudos
PPapl
Beginner

So I've used two different calling devices before the 5:00pm PST cut-off. The initial one took about 15-minutes before the music stopped. But nothing was on the other side, and then it hung up. The second line continued for 30-minutes, until it decided to hang-up. So I've experienced about 45-minutes of hold time and 90-times of the ""Thank you for calling Intel..." and unfortunately for me I got ZERO support out of Intel. I've got appointments after work tomorrow, so I'll have to hold off until Wednesday until I can start getting any support.

Again, I'm disappointed in the lack of Intel customer service.

0 Kudos
JSlet
Beginner

It seems like the only way for us in europe to get in touch with support is through live chat or social media. Intel is pointing to "Support Contact Information for EMEA" if I want to contact them through the phone. The problem here is that the page they are referring me to is not found".

I have been trying to access the live chat the last three days, but there has not been a spot open during these days.

Is there an e-mail address I can contact support through ? I really need to get this done .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sletten,

I noted you were able to chat with our US support. My partner has sent your case to Europe support. They will be contacting you soon.

Their schedule is the following:

Intel UK Phone Support 23 1620 50

Business hours: 8:30 a.m - 3 p.m. UK time Monday - Friday

Mike C
0 Kudos
PPapl
Beginner

Mike, can I call the UK support line for support with my US purchased CPU?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sletten, Intel warranty is worldwide; sure you can contact them for support.

Mike C
0 Kudos