Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

What is normal operating tempareture range for Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9400 6M Cache, 2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB ?

idata
Employee
Sensor Properties: Sensor Type CPU, HDD, ACPI, Intel GMCH Temperatures: Motherboard 82 °C (180 °F) CPU 89 °C (192 °F) CPU # 1 / Core # 1 88 °C (190 °F) CPU # 1 / Core # 2 86 °C (187 °F) GMCH1 68 °C (154 °F) GMCH2 47 °C (117 °F) Seagate ST21G0SS2D02 S 27 °C (81 °F) Voltage Values: CPU Core 1.15 V

This is my Toughbook temperature when I'm browsing internet !! I think it is to high, any suggestions, fan is working, notebook is getting hot at the bottom.

No performance issues so far.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello skowron,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

Seems that the temperatures are high if you are only browsing the Internet, I would recommend running the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to look for any issues with the processor, in addition, you can try clearing the air vents and blow the fan.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your suggestion, i run the test and processor PASSed it, no errors or warning on temp during the test. I ordered new fan plus i will remove the cooler and old heat paste and put new one, I drilled small holes in casing just under the fan propeller to give access to outside air. Casing is from aluminum as it is a Toughbook, and no ventilation holes in it at all.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi skowron,

You are welcome.

If the problem persists, I would recommend contacting Panasonic to check if there is any other configuration/troubleshooting you can try.

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi skowron,

Were you able to switch the thermal solution to get better results?

Hopefully that worked.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not yet, still waiting for the parcel, it takes few weeks before it will reach my island I'm not using the toughbook to often and i'm paying attention to temp. as i don't want to cook it.

As soon as i change the fan i will post my feedback.

Regards,

Lukas S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi skowron,

Thank you for letting me know. Please don't hesitate in reaching us back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As a feedback, i changed just in case fan for new genuine one, clean the radiator tube etc., and found sth strange when removing old heatsink paste. I'm attaching the picture of the motherboard as i'm not sure which one is processor. The cooler tube is sitting nicely tight only on NR1 and on Nr2 (i assume thats the processor) there was like 0.8-1mm original heatsink paste/silicone, why such a distance, when you look on the heat radiator tube its design this way so there is a small 1mm step, why? it supposed to be as little paste as possible, as much i understand heat conduction. The processor is still running hot 89-90C when i turn the system in power saver mode and the voltage drops to 0.93V from 1.11V the temp is dropping to 59C. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi skowron,

At this moment I would recommend contacting Panasonic to get more information about the hardware.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos