Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

What is the Intel Processor Number Inside My Mac?

GregJ
Beginner

I'm trying to figure out what is the exact Intel processor number inside my Mac Book Air.  In the "About This Mac" it says I have the following:
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)
- 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

How do I determine the generation & exact processor number this is?  Thank you! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I am sure apple has some utility or tool that will tell.  In the absense of that, you can always remove the heatsink/fan and look at the top of the processor.

0 Kudos
GregJ
Beginner

Doc - This is a laptop, so I can't open the machine to look at the physical processor.  I haven't been able to find a utility which has this information.  And the "About This Mac" only has the information I posted.  Not the processor number 

Hoping someone can help me with this.  Thx

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Actually, Apple has requested that all questions regarding their gear be directed to Apple support.  You may want to ask your question there.  On WIndows, there are a bunch of utilities that will give you this information, including windows itself.  I am assuming you are not running Windows?

0 Kudos
GregJ
Beginner

I'm only running the MacOS.  No Windows - so not able to tell the Intel processor number.  

Assuming someone here can help me...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, but the information you have is not going to help.  Does the MAC not offer some unique asset tag or something that can be looked up on their site?  When you purchased the MAC, did not come with some spec sheet?  I am not an Apple user (obviously) and there are not that many apple users on the forum.  Again, can you not ask Apple support?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

From 9TO5Mac's review: "The 2018 MacBook Air features a single processor option — a 1.6GHz dual-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, which can turbo up to 3.6GHz and supports Hyper-Threading. This is a 7W Intel i5-8210Y CPU with integrated Intel UHD Graphics 617."

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Dang...  I wanted to see if the MACcpuid program worked.<G>

0 Kudos