Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14502 Discussions

What is the higher temp for i7 4790?

RLope11
Beginner

What is the higher temp for the Dores of an i7 4790?

I'm having temps around 75°C on the cores and becoming worried about it.

I'm waiting for answers. God bless you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello raulgrangeiro,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the temperatures you are referring?

I would like to share with you that the TCASE for your processor is: 72.72°C. Does your computer crash when it reaches 75°C?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RLope11
Beginner

The screenshot below shows temps in 74ºC on the Cores. I would like to know what is the maximum temps for the cores of an i7 4790.

The computer doesn't crash with this temps, actually it is working with the boost clock as it was a normal clock: full time at 4 GHz when full load, as you can see in the screenshot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the screenshot.

The TCASE temperature is the result provided by closest sensor to the cores, this is the reading that the datasheet states: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/4th-gen-core-family-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.html Desktop 4th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors Datasheet, Vol. 1.

Your temperatures are looking really good considering that you are running a benchmark test.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RLope11
Beginner

I've ran the Stress Test of Intel Extreme Tuning Utility for 1 hour and I got this results:

Do you think is it normal too? Shouldn't I be worried about it?

Thanks for you support. I'm waiting an answer. God bless you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

From your screenshots, you should not be worried since the temperatures are looking really good in fact they are under the expected parameters. And, even if the processor reaches a couple of degrees higher than the TCASE, the computer should be fine as long as it does not freeze or shutdown itself.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RLope11
Beginner

Okay, thanks for your help and patience with me, Amy. I'll not be worried about it anymore

God bless you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/115962 raulgrangeiro sure, you're welcome. I am glad to hear that!

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos