Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

What is the latest Linux boot protocol version supported by Intel Xeon Phi (KNC)?

KarimL
Beginner

I have a Xeon Phi 5110p (KNC -- Knights Corner) for which I am porting a third party OS.

Based on the documentation, Xeon Phi supports the 32-bit Linux boot protocol [1]. In the 32-bit protocol, the Xeon Phi's firmware must provide a special data structure called "boot_params". But this structure is different in each protocol version. 

Although the structure is backward compatible, I still want to know what is the latest protocol version supported by the Xeon Phi's firmware using the latest firmware update from MPSS 3.8.6?

PS: I know that it at least supports version 2.10 of the protocol but I want to know if it supports more recent versions.

[1] https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/x86/boot.html

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello KarimL,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician