Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

What is the safe voltage for an i7 7700k?

t1mx
Beginner

Эй, какое максимальное безопасное напряжение для этого процессора? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @t1mx

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have some inquiries regarding the voltage for an Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor. In order to assist you better could you please provide more details regarding this request?

1- Are you a hardware designer or software developer integrating Intel® Processors on customized systems?

2- Why do you need this information? Are trying to achieve any specific task or configuration?

3- Is this related to a specific project? Please provide more details.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
t1mx
Beginner

I noticed that the standard voltage of this cpu is bad for my build, my computer freezes, I have already sure it 100%, and now I want to up it(voltage), and I want to know from you, what the safe limit voltage of this cpu(i7 7700k)
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello t1mx

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your inquiry, for the Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor, the max Vcc voltage (Operating Voltage) is 1.52v according to the 7th Generation Intel® Processor Families for S Platforms: Datasheet—Volume 1 of 2, section 7.2.1.1 Vcc DC Specifications, page 116.

It is worth mentioning that the default settings should be enough for operating within CPU specifications (max Vcc voltage 1.52v). If you have freezes when BIOS defaults are loaded your processor, motherboard, or power supply might be defective.

We recommend loading BIOS defaults and then running the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify the functionality of the microprocessor. The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features, and performs a stress test on the processor.

Feel free to share the outcome of the test. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

We also recommend checking with your motherboard and power supply manufacturers for further assistance and debugging from their side (e.g. checking firmware/BIOS updates, recommended settings, additional tests, etc.)

In this link, you can find links to computer manufacturer support websites.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello t1mx

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
t1mx
Beginner
Thanks, you helped me, no more help needed)
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello t1mx

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that the information provided was helpful. We will proceed to close this thread now and it has been a pleasure to assist you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos