Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

What is the size of DTLB on Core 2 Quad Q8200?

AStru1
Beginner

Hi,

I need to find out how many entries could be stored in my processors DTLB, unfortunately I can't install linux and use avilable code to do the job, so I need to either write a simple program to check it(no idea how to check it, especialy knowing that the procesor is propubly tring to predict future need for adreses) or find the information, which I haven't so far done sucessfully.Hi,

I need to find out how many entries could be stored in my processor DTLB, unfortunately I can't install linux and use avilable code to do the job, so I need to either write a simple program to check it(no idea how to check it, especialy knowing that the procesor is propubly tring to predict future need for adresses) or find the information, which I haven't so far done sucessfully.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Wow, you want this data for a 10-year old processor?

What you want to do is run a tool that can display all of the data possible from the CPUID instruction. The Cache Descriptors will tell you (amongst other things) how big your DTLB and ITLB are.

Somewhere I have a DOS tool that will display this information. You could use it if you have a way to boot DOS (MSDOS, PCDOS, FreeDOS, etc.) on this system. Send me a personal message and provide me with an external email address and I will send it to you.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​try to use  this software intel processor identification utility 4.7 by direct download link

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/7838/eng/pidenu47.msi

download and install by admin rights , then run

0 Kudos