Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

What would happen if one executes IntelPTTEKRecertification.exe on a home processor?

A123-N
Novice

​Would this hurt a pc or OS?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I would certainly take a backup first.

Doc

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello A123-N,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

I was wondering if you check the previous post? in addition if you need more help please answer the following questions:

• What is the purpose you would like to execute IntelPTTEKRecertification.exe?
  • Where are you seeing the IntelPTTEKRecertification.exe? (Windows services)

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
A123-N
Novice

​Out of curiousity, I just want to know what would happen if the file was executed without the service running.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello A123-N,

Thank you for your answer.

I did some research and I found some information that might help you to address your decision in order to run the executable file.

IntelPTTEKRecertification.exe it's related to the Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) that is a microcontroller that stores keys, passwords, and digital certificates; Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) offers the capabilities of discrete TPM 2.0. Intel PTT is a platform functionality for credential storage and key management used by Windows 8* and Windows® 10. Intel PTT supports BitLocker* for hard drive encryption and supports all Microsoft requirements for firmware Trusted Platform Module (fTPM) 2.0.

You can check the link as a reference: Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT).

Note: After the general information about the Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) the decision to run the executable file is entirely in your hands.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
A123-N
Novice
0 Kudos