Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Where I can find datasheet with diagram of external component of 7700K ? Thank you. A friend has broken 2 capacitors on his I7 and it would be a shame to throw it away for surface components that I can replace.

OPETI2
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello OPETI2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I'm not sure if what you are looking for is the Datasheet of the Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor if so, please access the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/7th-gen-core-family-desktop-s-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html

If this is not the information that you are looking for please let me know. 

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
OPETI2
Beginner

Hello EstebanCh_Intel and thank you for your reply!

I have already consulted this documentation. Sometimes a datasheet may contain the list of components of a product. This is unfortunately not the case here.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello OPETI2,

To better assist you, could you please provide us a picture to see the damage of the capacitors?

Also, is the information you are looking for the functionality of the capacitor or how to repair it?

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
OPETI2
Beginner

Intel_Core_i7-7700K_B.jpghello and thank you for your return.

Unfortunately, I can not take a photo with my camera of poor quality (the elements are too small the photo is blurred).

But I found a picture on the net and I highlighted the elements that were removed from the circuit. I guess it's capacitor in view of the shape of the box but I'm not sure.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello OPETI2,

Thank you for your response,

After checking your inquiry we the engineering, we would like to let you know that we do not offer support for manually modifying the hardware of a unit.

In this case, we would like to recommend you to go to RDC (Resource & Design Center) and request the access to the processor schematics.

We will close this inquiry; but, if you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos