RSaul
Beginner

would like to buy an i5-9400T

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello RSaul,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

To find more information about the Intel® Core™ i5-9400T Processor we recommend contacting Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers. Also, you can find the local resellers near to you by going to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/find-a-reseller.html

If the local reseller is not able to provide you information about the processor availability, we recommend you contact the Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AGate
Beginner

You can either get it via a official intel reseller but make sure you verify before purchasing it or you can buy it via Amazon.

Regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos
DPC00
Beginner

Sorry gentlemen, but he's right. You cannot find these 8th and 9th generation T line processors (i5, i7) to buy. I've searched all over the world.

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello DPC00,

In regards to your previous post, I would like to confirm that the reason for the inconvenient finding these products line with resellers like Amazon, or Newegg it's because they are sold mostly and primarily to Original Equipment Manufacturers (such as HP, Lenovo, Dell, etc) and Intel Authorized Distributors.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DPC00
Beginner

Thanks for the feedback but I really can't find this cpu to buy.

Could you give me a purchase link from any store that has the product?

0 Kudos
DPC00
Beginner

nothing yet? Any new cpu for sale i3, i5, i7 eighth or ninth generation with 35w tdp?

Why does Intel advertise these CPUs then?

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

I see some 8th generation T-series processors (e.g. i5-8400T) in shops in several countries and they seem to have been around for about 6 months.

Whether that means that 9th series equivalents will be available in 6 months or 10th series in 18 months I will watch with interest.

There seems to be a lag of 6-9 months between Intel official release dates and shops actually selling them, albeit based on a very limited sample.

0 Kudos