Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Which i7 processor should I select to come with my Home Laptop

TTARA3
Beginner

I'm planning to purchase a new Laptop that is powered by i7 10 Gen CPU. I came across many models for examples i7-10750H, i7-10875H, i7-1060G7, i7-10710U, and i7-10510Y. I did many readings but yet to figure out which would be the one I should have powering the laptop that I would purchase. Can you point out in a simple English which of those CPUs would be the best, or at least what are the criteria I should look for to select the CPU (e.g. base frequency, or Max turbo, or what). Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TTARA3

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your inquiries, we can offer only general guidelines but the best decision will be made based on your needs and expected workload.

For example, if you are a gamer you can choose Intel® Core™ i9 for ultimate performance, Intel® Core™ i7 for best performance, and Intel® Core™ i5 for good performance.

If you are interested in professional workloads such as video editing and multi-threaded applications go for Intel® Core™ i9 or Intel® Core™ i7.

For typical student work, web browsing, and video entertainment you can choose Intel® Core™ i7, Core™ i5, or Core™ i3.

You can check the following links to compare and review Technical Specifications about Intel® Processors:

We recommend checking online benchmarks to reach the best decision based on your needs.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TTARA3
Beginner

Dear Andrew,

I truly appreciate your feedback.

I set to select i7 CPU for my Laptop that I will purchase. Checking the i7 comparison page, can I use the “Processor Base Frequency” value as the main factor to select CPU, where higher Ghz indicates better performance.  

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/Intel-Core-i7-Mobile-Compare-Chart.pdf

Awaiitng your feedback. Thank you again  

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TTARA3

Thank you for your response.

Processor Base Frequency and/or Max Intel® Turbo Boost Technology are features that you may consider when deciding about the laptop you would like to purchase. However, what specific features use as the main factor depends on your needs, the tasks, and the type of workload the system will run and we can only provide general guidelines.

For more details, you may check this link: What Is CPU Clock Speed?

Also, there are other factors that may have an impact on overall system performance, for instance, laptop configuration and design by the laptop manufacturer (battery, thermal solution, graphics card, etc.), hardware components, capabilities enabled or disabled, etc.

In this case, we kindly recommend checking online benchmarks to reach the best decision based on your needs or checking with laptop vendors regarding options available with Intel® Core™ i7 processors and the target markets for the different laptop models.

Best regards

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
TTARA3
Beginner

Again Thank you very much for the feedback. It's in-lighting to aspects I wasn't aware of..

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello TTARA3

Thank you for your response.

It has been a pleasure to assist you and we hope the information provided was helpful.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos