Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14410 Discussions

Which motherboard is available for Intel Xeon E7-8890v3 processors?

aalph1
Beginner

I can not find motherboards with socket 2011-1.

I can find with socket 2011-3, but I have been told these are not compatible with the E7 processor

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Most/some of the board manufacturers have a list of supported processors you can access while viewing the specifications of the board. I would start there, as it avoids having to contact the manufacturer. If you are unsuccessful with that research, you have no choice but to contact the manufacturer and ask them.

Also, one of the Intel support engineers may be able to provide motherboard compatibility information.

Doc

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Look here: https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007627%20600238945

But, it is more than just the socket. You must determine if the board manufacturer's BIOS supports that processor (by asking them).

Doc

0 Kudos
aalph1
Beginner
Thank you for your quick answer. But not very clear to me how to do the next step. I have two processoren E7. Which motherboard I have to select, in order to ask the manufacturer? Verzonden vanuit Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> voor Windows 10
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Most/some of the board manufacturers have a list of supported processors you can access while viewing the specifications of the board. I would start there, as it avoids having to contact the manufacturer. If you are unsuccessful with that research, you have no choice but to contact the manufacturer and ask them.

Also, one of the Intel support engineers may be able to provide motherboard compatibility information.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Al is suggesting that you go to NewEgg or Amazon or some other online retailer's site and do a motherboard search that specifies the socket type as a criteria for this search.

...S

0 Kudos