Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14508 Discussions

Why I get this error and what to do with this problem? Did not find any helpful information so far

EBriv
Beginner

I downloaded latest version of "Intel Processor Identification Utility", but when I run it this error appears..:

"The Intel Processor Identification Utility Version 6.0.0211 has encountered an unexpected condition. Error Code=-2147213376. Please download and install a new version of the utility from http://support.intel.com/support/processors/tools/piu/sb/cs-014921.htm. If the problem persists, contact Intel Customer Support."

Processor:

Intel® Pentium® CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello EBriv, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. This error may occur if you are running this tool in an operating system that is not supported. Please provide the operating system version and build you are using. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EBriv
Beginner

Hello WannerG,

Current OS and build on this computer: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello EBriv, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello EBriv, We recommend reinstalling the utility. Please let us know if the issue persists. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello EBriv, Were you able to reinstall the tool? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Kalter
Beginner

Sir, i have the same issue

Win 7 x64 intel on board

Intel Processor Identification Utility-Legacy gives me error 2147213376 

Reinstalles program and still have same error. Dont have antivirus and tried to run in compability mod.

What should i do?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is a four year old thread.  You should have started a new thread for yourself.

Windows 7 is discontinued and not supported.

However, use the version of the Processor ID utility I have attached.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos