Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Why are there no 9900Ks at suppliers in Australia?

DSeve2
Beginner

Why are there no 9900Ks at suppliers in Australia?

I have contacted all 3 authorized distributors in Australia and none have stock. None also have an ETA on when they will be getting stock.

It's no wonder so many people are going AMD.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It was just released! Give it some time to make it to the distributors.

Doc

0 Kudos
DSeve2
Beginner

So other words it is another paper release like the 8700k.

No Stock on release day at the resellers in Australia but plenty in the USA.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Incorrect. Just look at this link and the release date:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=i9-9900k&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1 i9-9900k - Newegg.com

Plenty in the US? If I were to order one, I would likely order it from the above [US] supplier, who does not have them yet.

Really not worth my time. Your mind is already made up.

By the way - I lived in Australia and returned to the US recently. I understand how the supply chain works.

Doc

0 Kudos
DSeve2
Beginner
0 Kudos
DSeve2
Beginner

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.

I also know how supply chains work as I was a Senior Purchasing Manager for over 20 years.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Like I said - not worth my time.

Doc (no longer following this discussion)

0 Kudos
DSeve2
Beginner

Intel needs to stop these BS releases.

AMD a company one-tenth of Intel's size has no problems with having stock at resellers on release day.

In my experience as a Senior Purchasing Manager for over 20 years, Only a badly organized manufacturer set a release date for a product they do not have enough stock of for a proper release of the product.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, one last response. Do you work for AMD? If you are so enamored with AMD, why are you in such a fit over an Intel processor?

No one cares if you were/are a purchasing manager. Nothing bad is going to happen if you do not have the processor today, tomorrow, next week, or even next month.

You need to stop this anger and hostility, or find another forum where you can vent and bash.

Doc

0 Kudos
LRobe5
Beginner

Al, i think you're loosing sight of an important fact - a number of people, myself included, ordered other components (motherboards, computer cases, PSUs, Ram etc) at considerable expense expecting to be able to complete that build, only to find no product and no info from intel,........especially that silence on intel's part is damning. One vendor, B&H Photo actually had an availability date listed as "January 1, 2100" on the 9900k's product page yesterday - they've since taken it down, but it does tell me they're feeling frustration as well.

i did a little research and found this from back in september, one site was apparently predicting this very scenario of a paper release:

Sunday September 02, 2018

Intel's "Processor Supply Shortfall" Could Mean i9-9900K Being Delayed to 2019

PCGamesN has a hunch that a paper launch is likely for Intel's upcoming 9th-generation processors. Leaning on a DigiTimes article hinting at tight supplies, the author points out that Intel's 14nm lines are probably inundated due to the delay of its 10nm process. With so many products still on 14nm silicon, the author warns that an i9-9000K may not even hit shelves until 2019.

News Image

...with the release of the rest of the 300-series chipsets on 14nm, and the upcoming Z390 motherboards also on the same node, there is increasingly more pressure being put on the production of 14nm silicon. Intel has already halted production of one entire chipset range because of it. And that's going to have some serious consequences for the PC market in the second half of this year.

https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/09/02/intelrsquos_processor_supply_shortfall_could_mean_i99900k_being_delayed_to_2019 https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/09/02/intelrsquos_pro...

It's incomprehensible that no one in the marketing dept didn't know they wouldn't make their announced release date, and yet no announcements were made "correcting" earlier promised released dates.

My partner and i started a new company back in 2004 (given it is a metal fabrication company, not electronics) - but after releasing a few minor products, we announced our major product that we had quite a bit of press attention on that we were developing, we announced that major product would be shipping september of 2006. We ended up encountering some issues with the cavity mold and ended up delaying release until April 2007. That was a major lesson to us, but it was a case of an over eager marketing dept wanting to get into gear and ending up disappointing our customer base that had built up waiting for the new product, which similiar to this market was an "enthusiast" market. It cost us in sales, as a number of potential customers, having been forced to wait for product they expected to have in hand, simply lost interest and decided to "wait and see". Forcing that "patience" on them cost us, but we learned from the experience. As seasoned a company as Intel is, i can't believe they didn't foresee the frustration they create with these paper releases. I know engineers think different from normal folks, but this is beyond acceptable.

I have to wonder how much of a factor of not informing the market that release had been delayed, was due to Intel not wanting to disappoint their ancillary manufacturers ( ie, motherboard mfgrs) that kept them from releasing info about the delay. I know i'm sitting here with a mobo, case and a few other items i ordered the same time i pre-ordered the 9900k.

Yeah this has me pissed - i don't plan to sit around until 2019 waiting for the 9900k to ship - i'll probably put the mobo up for sale late november and forget about this cpu and give AMD a harder look, as my use is mainly video rendering / editing.

One tip AL, if you can't explain this satisfactorily, for god's sake, be smart enough to just keep quiet - diminishing the OP does nothing but make a bad situation worse

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Thanks for the tip. Now, wait for the processor like everyone else.

Al

0 Kudos
LRobe5
Beginner

i already indicated my intentions, but whoever taught you customer service........go demand a refund, cause you got cheated

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am not customer service. I am not an Intel employee or contractor.

I am a volunteer. Anyone can voice their opinion, as long as they keep the thread clean.

When you do get your i9, and if you have any problems with it, please come back and report the issue. That is what this forum is for.

Doc
0 Kudos
LRobe5
Beginner

well at least intel is getting their money's worth - but i hate to break it to you, this forum and any like it are "customer svc",

but the lack of courtesy in your tone, to both the OP and telling me to go "wait for my processor"

with people like you representing intel, in whatever capacity, i'll go to AMD

what's your motto? Costing Intel customers, one customer at a time

0 Kudos
LRobe5
Beginner

to the OP, for what it's worth you at least deserve an answer to your question - answer is, there apparently aren't any available here in the US either - in addition to what i indicated about B&H Photo posting "availability date Jan 1, 2100", Newegg.com is now indicating "Not Available" https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117957&cm_re=intel_i9-9900k-_-19-117-957-_-Product Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I99900K Desk…

one poster on TomsHardware.com posted that he called into Newegg this morning to ask if/when they'd be available and received the response of "not expected until 2019" and they couldn't tell him what quarter of 2019

hope that helps some

0 Kudos