Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Why aren't there Celeron drivers compatible with Win10 for my Dell Latitude??

JLawt3
Beginner

Just got off the phone with Dell support for my Latitude 2110. I had the service tag and also the SupportAssist program was running on the machine. I bought the machine used with Win7-64 Pro running on it, and Microsoft "in its wisdom" was completely content with my upgrading the machine to Win10-64 Pro. The problem was that the wifi was awful, the upload speed was quite literally zero even sitting literally on top of the router (and there's no wifi congestion in my area) which made it impossible to use with Zoom. I had queried Dell for an upgraded driver and they linked something but the new driver hardware manufacturer (Broadcom) wasn't the same as the old one (Intel) so it wouldn't install. So I asked the Dell support guy what the deal was and he told me my machine WASN'T COMPATIBLE WITH any version of Win10, or even Win8.1 for that matter! (Funny thing I happen to know the "driver model" didn't change substantially over those versions either.) You know I've heard occasional "horror stories" about support but one thing I've NEVER heard about is Dell dropping support for the next version of an OS (and ZERO SUPPORT available at any price) after the OS vendor already OK'd the upgrade! Excuse my French but what the hell is going on, doesn't anyone give a tinker's damn about the enduser and nowadays it's all just "if you were stupid enough to buy it then it's your problem"? And what am I supposed to think about the availability of support for future Intel "groundbreaking technologies" a year or two after the profits have all been made??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Give me a break. The one time that Dell is giving you the correct information, and you refuse to believe it and complain. Your machine is from 2010, Your processor is from 2010. None of this is supported on Windows 10. Face that reality.

Before you go off the deep end on PCs, how many times have you replaced your cell phone in the past ten years?

Also, you are in the wrong forum.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor).

0 Kudos
JLawt3
Beginner

Give ME a break. How many times have I replaced my cell phone in ten years? Once. Also I've only owned this machine for about 2 years so I'm not getting anything NEAR the service life I was expecting.

I have no idea which forum, I just thought since the Atom is from Intel and the existing wifi drivers had their name on it this was the place. If you have a better place to post this you should tell me where it belongs. (Actually I'd like to address this to Intel MANAGEMENT but I can tell they don't give a rip.)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, so you purchased a used 10 year old machine. What is the processor model number? Be EXACT.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Here are the specs on your laptop.

https://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/latit/en/latitude-2110-education-specsheet.pdf

There is a good chance you do not even have Intel wifi.

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility so we can get an accurate picture of your laptop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos