Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Why does The Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 control panel window pop up not disappear anymore on the startup of windows 10?

rgota
Novice

I just updated to the latest Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, and I noticed that on restart or start up, the Intel Turbo Boost ... control panel window does not minimize anymore and is open in the desktop screen.

After looking into the options, I didn't see anything that allowed me to set this to minimize on startup. Every time my box boots up I have to manually minimize/close this window.

The version of ITBM is:

Application:

Driver:

86 Replies
HYang27
Beginner

I have the same issue now that I updated to Windows 10, 1709.

The (temporary) solution is to uninstall Intel Turbo Max and disable Windows from automatically installing drivers for it. See link below. The device is listed under Device Manager - System Devices.

www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with our Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology application.

If possible post on this thread the Intel® System Support Utility so we can gather more information about the hardware and software configuration you currently have in your systems https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

I am doing further research about this issue.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
TRose1
Beginner

Hi Fred D

I read your post and here is my SSU scan result. This began happening to me when I update to Windows 10 version 1709. Before version 1709 the Turbo Boost 3.0 splash screen would splash on start up and go away while still running in the background. No issues.

Good luck with you investigation.

Tedn91740

0 Kudos
DBett1
Beginner

Same problem.

Scan results attached.

0 Kudos
DBett1
Beginner

Also....

For me, I see the window pop up and then quickly minimize early in the boot process. Then it pops up and stays later after other startup programs have loaded.

0 Kudos
MKrau3
Beginner

Same here. I may try using the ASrock version which seems to be slightly older. Must be a hard topic for intel to launch a tool in background. Normally not even that damn icon should be required ^^

0 Kudos
ccraf2
Beginner

Had same problem after windows update. I think I found out what causes this. Was reading something on another topic and came across a recommendation to uncheck

the feature in the power options for fast boot up. This is under what power buttons do. It is recommended to keep this checked but I read that it's really unnecessary if you have a SSD

as your boot drive.I did this and lo and behold the Intel TBMT panel minimized as it had done in the past. So far it's done it every time I've booted up since I disabled the fast boot up option.

Haven't noticed any slowdown in boot time either. I am guessing the latest Windows update(Fall Creators Update) enabled this as the default. Hope maybe this will help others with this

problem. Good Luck!

0 Kudos
TRose1
Beginner

Hi Tenzin1

I saw your post today and inspected my PC to see how my PC is optioned.

As I stated in my original post, the Intel Boost Screen would just splash on on then go out leaving the Turbo Boost running in the background.

I went to "Settings"/"System"/"Power & Sleep"/"Additional Power Settings"/"Shut Down Settings"

The option "Turn On Fast Start" was checked but grayed out making it unavailable to change. At the top there was a blue line of text that said "Change settings that are currently available" and I clicked on that and the "Turn On Fast Start" check box and the other three check boxes were enabled. The blue line of text disappeared but I don't see a problem.

I unchecked the "Turn on Fast Startup" and saved it. I will now restart my PC to see if I got the same solution as you did. I will log back in and state my results.

Tedn91740

0 Kudos
TRose1
Beginner

Hi Tenzen1

I "Restarted" my PC and the Intel Turbo Boost screen still remained on. So I then "Shut Down" my PC and the Intel Turbo Boost screen remained on again.

So this doesn't work for me.

With the "Turn On Fast Startup" box not checked my PC did have a noticeable slowdown while starting.

After installing MS Windows 10 Version 1709 I noticed that on startup I no longer got a second or two of the new MS hourglass dotted circle running

under the MS logo during startup. My PC would just display the MS logo and then the desktop top would appear. I don't even see the lock screen anymore

except when I unchecked that option. So for me it does make a difference. I'm clicking that option again on again.

My PC is a "Built my Nick" PC. It was built last November of 2016 and has all of the latest whistles and bells with parts selected by "Nick".

So let's all encourage "Fred D." of Intel to come up with a solution. Go Fred! We are all waiting for you.

By the way. I found a good tech website that shows the disabled/grayed out "Shutdown Settings" check boxes and the "Blue Text Button" you have to click to

enable/activate the "Shutdown Settings" check boxes. The 'Blue Text Button" is labeled "Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Here is the url: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/customize-what-the-power-button-does-windows-10/ https://www.groovypost.com/howto/customize-what-the-power-button-does-windows-10/

Best to all

Tedn91740

0 Kudos
EÇabu
Beginner

Same here, everything was perfect & ITBM was working great. Now it says ITBM Driver Not Available Exiting Application. I've tried uninstalling, boot, reinstall etc but still it gives that error. I've attached my system log

0 Kudos
DPai
Beginner

I tried this but did not make a difference for me. Still get the TBMT pop up.

0 Kudos
NDvor
Beginner

All you need is to disable ITBM 3.0 application launcher in Windows 10 task scheduler and disable corresponding service in computer management menu.

It will stop this good for nothing application from launching at the start of OS.

It is a big disappointment... Intel support is useless and non professional.

It is over two month after launching Windows 10 FCU and you cannot update your stupid software or suggest to people any reasonable solution.

Of course, it is not as much interesting as to sell your hardware for an insane price.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi all,

I just received this information from engineering:

From our side we did the following steps and were unable to reproduce the issue:

1. Install ITBM 3.0 version 1.0.0.1033 on Win 10 RS3 OS.

2. Reboot the system.

3.Launch ITBM.

4. Click on 'minimize' button seen on top right corner of the ITBM.

5. Observe ITBM is minimized properly.

6. Click on ITBM Icon on taskbar to refocus on desktop & minimize back to taskbar repeatedly.

We would like to know if you all did a clean Win10 RS3 installation or if you have updated from RS2 to RS3 while having ITBM version 1.0.0.1033 installed.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Allan J
0 Kudos
NDvor
Beginner

Clean OS installation in my case.And strange things with ITBM started from the beginning.

Intel-System driver(1.0.0.1033) was installed three times. Two times in first day and one time through one day after OS installation.

And all three times successfully.

Also i tried to reinstall it couple of times. Without changes . Always the same abnormal behavior of this application and even worst.

Sometimes start button and taskbar could become inactive because of some device installation process ,which is Intel device i suppose.

The only solution (for the last problem) i found is to disable "Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update" in login options.

P.S.Are you sure that you are received this "solution" from Intel engineering? It missed paragraph 7.Pray to the God

Anyway i hope your instruction will help someone. As a Christmas joke at least.

0 Kudos
TRose1
Beginner

Hi Allen J

I would like to address your Dec 28 post. You say "From our side we did the following steps and were unable to reproduce the issue:"

I would just say that 99% of the people saying they have trouble do not describe their issue in the way you tried to duplicate the issue.

We are saying that the majority of us were happy with Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 because before being forced by Microsoft to download

the Fall Creator's Update the Turbo Boost Max application would load, launch a splash screen showing that it had loaded, and then the splash screen

would disappear.

Now after updating, every time we start our PC's your Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 application splashes onto the desktop and stays there. Only one

person I think said that they could not minimize the application.

You are manually launching the application and clicking the minimize button.

Please address this issue that 99% of us are asking your help to fix. I'm sure this issue is affecting millions of Windows 10 users who can't imagine how to look into the issue.

Here is me hoping for an answer to this issue

Tedn91740

0 Kudos
DBett1
Beginner

What Tedn91740 said!!!

This is happening at startup.

0 Kudos
MDäde
Beginner

> 4. Click on 'minimize' button seen on top right corner of the ITBM.

This is not the problem.

The problem is that is is not minimized just after the OS has started. Which is just annoying. Maybe as stated here in the thread, it is double loaded by the OS driver loading system.

0 Kudos
YZhan75
Beginner

我认为这个问题与Windows 10 1709的新特性有关——启动时自动运行上次关闭系统时没有退出的程序。

当我在重启前手动退出ITBM应用程序,重启后ITBM控制面板就不会出现。

因此我想这就是关键原因。

I think this problem relates to a new feature of Windows 10 1709 -- automatically run the applications at startup that doesn't closed at last shutdown.

For example, if I quit Intel Turbo Boost Max Application manually before restart my PC, the Intel Turbo Boost Max control pannel won't come out after the startup.

So I think this is the key reason.

0 Kudos
NDvor
Beginner

Most of PC users have another programs (which have GUI) running in background, but this issue affects only ITBM.

And after over three month we have no solution.Only blurrish promises to look into this problem more closely. Perfect.

But after the recent story with Intel ME and Intel VT-x i am not surprised.

We can see now, how is the real quality of Intel hardware ,software and support.

0 Kudos
YZhan75
Beginner

No, you can try that Internet Explorer, Word 2016 and many other Microsoft applications are affected by this feature.

So maybe ITBM is one of third-part applications that affected.

0 Kudos
NDvor
Beginner

You are talking about opened applications.

But we are talking here about agent in system tray, which is minimized before system shutdown and must stay minimized after OS start.

It may be a bug on Microsoft side, but we are deserve to have an official statement from Intel about this issue and worthy solution in short time.

All that we have for three month is a denying this problem or "we will continue to inspect this issue".

Yeah... Such a big problem. They plan inspect it for years.

And people are going to colonize Mars in the near future. This is just a comedy.

0 Kudos