Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Why does The Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 control panel window pop up not disappear anymore on the startup of windows 10?

rgota
Novice

I just updated to the latest Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, and I noticed that on restart or start up, the Intel Turbo Boost ... control panel window does not minimize anymore and is open in the desktop screen.

After looking into the options, I didn't see anything that allowed me to set this to minimize on startup. Every time my box boots up I have to manually minimize/close this window.

The version of ITBM is:

Application:

Driver:

86 Replies
IIanJ
Beginner

I have disabled the Intel program in services and no longer get the popup in Windows 10 1709

I don't know anything about this program. Do I need it?

Ian

0 Kudos
NDvor
Beginner

I have disabled it too. I think, it is the best solution in current situation.

You, me and most of happy users of Intel production don't need this useless control panel. It doesn't needed for TB 3.0 functionality.

But i wonder,will it be ever fixed by Intel or Microsoft?

0 Kudos
IIanJ
Beginner

Its not its control panel that I was asking about. It was should need the program itself as it is the program that I have disabled.

Ian

0 Kudos
NDvor
Beginner

What "Intel program" are you referring to?

You just need to disable "Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max 3.0 Technology Application Service" in services.

And (probably) stop a corresponding task in Windows task scheduler.

0 Kudos
TRose1
Beginner

Hi Panzercat

I tried your suggestion to manually "Quit" the Turbo Boost application before shutting down and I was amazed that Turbo Boost didn't splash screen onto the desktop on the next startup.

I began cheering! Then I decided to shut down the PC without quitting Turbo Boost. I then restarted my PC and Turbo Boost did it's splash screen and remained

on the desktop until I "Closed" it. So either click close when the PC starts or click Turbo Boost "Quit" before you shut down. Still annoying and unnecessary.

I've seen some comments on this post that make me wonder if I understand what Turbo Boost does and does not do. On this Intel website Turbo Boost is explained.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021587/processors.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0

I have five apps programmed into my Turbo Boost app. Some are cleanup programs. Some are malware programs. And two are the MS monthly "malicious software"

programs that MS puts out every month.

From what I think I have read I would say that if you haven't programmed Turbo Boost to operate with a specific program or app, it doesn't do anything. I could be wrong but from what I read on the Intel Turbo Boost website, users have to program it. If you don't have it programmed you might as well uninstall it for all the good that it does.

I have programmed mine and have compared the scan times with and without Turbo Boost and my programs complete taster with Turbo Boost.

But it is so annoying that the start up splash screen stays on and I must close it.

I guess I will wait until Intel has more time. What with having to patch millions of Intel CPU's in the meanwhile. They may even free up their top engineers to fix this issue. But I'm sure the top engineers are busy writing all of the patches for their faulty i7 CPU's. I hope the top engineers will get to this little problem someday. I'm sure the top engineers won't give up so easily.

Dedication and stick-to-it-ness. That is what made Intel Great! We can expect no less.

Tedn91740

0 Kudos
rgota
Novice

There's been quite a few system info files attached to help locate the issue and the issue appears to be more than just an isolated incident.

Are there any updates on this from the Intel tech support staff?

0 Kudos
PDowd1
Beginner

I have the same problem, Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 opens on my desktop every time I boot up. I did a clean install of Windows. Can't get it to stop. Attached is text of Intel SSU. Would appreciate a fix.

0 Kudos
Nvon
Beginner

I'm having the same problem.

Sizable numbers of people report this exact problem and intel say they cannot replicate it. What a joke.

I had this seemingly unsolvable issue fixed in autumn 2017 by simply disabling the unstoppable ITBM on-launch popup in > Services. Afer yesterdays Windows 10 patch update, I had to do it again. Not an elegant solution. But since intel is so clearly incapable of fixing this or even replicate the problem in the first place, it is the only method that worked for me.

MMaie5
Beginner

that's it, intel takes the easiest way!

0 Kudos
CChon3
New Contributor I

It is a pretty annoying new feature in Windows 10 1709. ITBM is not the only application that is affected by it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/programs-autostart-after-boot-in-windows-10/09dd8d3e-7b36-45d1-9181-6587dd5d53ab?page=2&auth=1 Programs autostart after boot in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Microsoft Community

Some of them work around this feature by running "shutdown /r /t 0" to reboot the PC or "shutdown /s /t 0" to shutdown the PC instead of using the start menu.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Intel takes your feedback seriously and we are actively investigating this situation.

I would like to inform you that we released a new https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0 ITBM 3.0 version 1.0.0.1035, however since we are able to reproduce this issue with it, I do not expect it would make any difference for you. Feel free to try it out, but I just want to set the right expectations from the start.

Rest assured that we are working on this, and as soon as I have an update or news I'll post them here.

I thank you for your patience, and at the same time apologize for any inconvenience this situation could be causing.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
PDowd1
Beginner

Ronald M., thank you for the updates on Intel's efforts. Do you mean to say "we are able to reproduce this issue" or did you mean to say Intel is unable to reproduce. In any event, I continue to have the same problem and can easily reproduce it with the new version.

0 Kudos
rgota
Novice

Well I am glad the issue is now reproducible on Intel's end. Any eta on this fix?

0 Kudos
CChon3
New Contributor I

I don't have this issue anymore after the recent Microsoft patch released in late January (KB4058258 - 16299.214)

If you are on 16299.214 or above (current patch version is KB4074588 - 16299.248), you could try going to Settings/Accounts/Sign-In Options, then scroll down to Privacy, and toggle to OFF "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart".

0 Kudos
MMaie5
Beginner

You're right ClementChong

I changed the account settings and it works for me...

I think it's a pity that Intel could not write that to us...

best regards - mmproject

0 Kudos
TRose1
Beginner

Mr Clement Chong You Are the MAN!

Your post of Feb 14, 2018 WORKS!!!!!! I am so happy! No more Intel Turbo Boost Splash Screen!

The Intel Boost splash screen used to appear under the Eset splash screen. Now only the Eset

splash screen appears. The Intel Turbo Boost splash screen is gone. And good riddance! Looking at my task bar next

to the clock shows me that Turbo Boost is running in the background as it should be. But NO splash

screen.

I wonder how hard it would have been for Intel to just remove the splash screen altogether. On Jan 30,2018

Ronald M of Intel announced a newer version of Turbo Boost. They could have just removed the splash screen feature

or made it optional. How much trouble would that have been? Not to mention that it would have been an easy fix.

Mr. Clement Chong. Again I say "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I'm recording your name for posterity. I will always heed your

wire advice in any post in any forum I see. You are a very wise man.

By the way I have shut down my PC six times while making this reply. Also I restarted my PC twice. I was trying to duplicate the command

line you posted on Jan 26. 2018. I got my PC shut down using "shutdown /s" and then it timed the shutdown. I couldn't get the /t 0 to work.

Every time it started again I didn't get the Intel Splash Screen. YAH!!!!! The BEST THING EVER!

Tedn91740

0 Kudos
AArak
Beginner

When you will fix this?

This popup window make me cry.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to confirm that we have a fix in place already. This is going to be included in the next release of Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.

I do not have an ETA yet, but it should be sooner rather than later. I'll post here if I have any other update.

Many thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
AArak
Beginner
0 Kudos
ROstr1
Beginner

Has there been any news on a release date for this new software?

0 Kudos
MOsbo3
Beginner

Intel

This is not peculiar to windows 10, I have the same problem using windows 7 ultimate. This is on a fresh install. Still awaiting your update !

App version 1.0.2.3

Driver 1.0.0.1035

0 Kudos