Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Why does The Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 control panel window pop up not disappear anymore on the startup of windows 10?

rgota
Novice

I just updated to the latest Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, and I noticed that on restart or start up, the Intel Turbo Boost ... control panel window does not minimize anymore and is open in the desktop screen.

After looking into the options, I didn't see anything that allowed me to set this to minimize on startup. Every time my box boots up I have to manually minimize/close this window.

The version of ITBM is:

Application:

Driver:

86 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello fubar2niner,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0. The good news is that the fix will be included in the next release.

Keep in mind that the information will be posted here, so you can follow this thread to receive a notification about the release. In the meantime, there is a workaround that worked for some users. You may take a look a it to see if it works for you.

We appreciate your patience.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
CFavr
Beginner

Hello,

I'm also waiting for that fix.

I hope it will be released soon.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ALorb2
Beginner

Registered just to post in this thread (and might I add for such a huge technology company such as intel the registration process is poor).

This crap is still ongoing. Brand new fresh install of win 10 1803, next thing I know intel turbo boost installs via windows updates/drivers and pops up when you start up windows. Have to minimise it everytime. I've actually just been putting up with it for months now on 1709 but thought I'd fix it properly seeing as it's a new windows install.

De-selecting the enable option in the app made no difference.

Checked the preferences - nothing listed for turning off starting with windows

Uninstalling the app from windows programs/features does not fix the problem!!

So I checked the list of startup applications, it's not there!!

I've had to do a search on here and luckily find out you need to go into the services and disable the intel turbo boost 3.0 process through the community on here

What absolute garbage that this has been going on for months. I shouldn't have to waste all this time to stop this piece of crap gui from popping up every single time I start my PC when I never even wanted it installed in the first place.

RLang1
Beginner

Same issue as the numerous people above. Brand new PC build, latest version of Windows 10 Pro, latest Intel software, still get the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 popup on startup. Is there an eta to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to let you all know that we have released a new version of Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology (TBMT) 3.0 that should fix this issue.

Please download it from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0 here and let me know your feedback.

We apologize for the delay getting this fix out, and at the same time thank you for your outstanding patience.

Best Regards

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
MDäde
Beginner

Hello Ronald, I´m happy to confirm. It is finally fixed for me. Thank you!

0 Kudos
YZhan75
Beginner

Hello

I've tried the new version, the ITBMT control panel doesn't come out after startup in deed.

But I find that its tray icon disappeared too, because ITBM.exe doesn't run during startup like previous version(If I run ITBM.exe manually, the tray icon will come out)

Is this OK?

0 Kudos
ROstr1
Beginner

Mine does the same thing. I no longer see the ITBM panel in sys tray after boot.

After a boot (and prior to running the ITBM panel manually) I do see that ITBM is enabled (according to Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

So, I guess all is now as it should be.

0 Kudos
YZhan75
Beginner

But serveral times, when my PC is waking up from a long time standby status, I hear the Windows sound of a new hardware plugged, and then I see the ITBM tray icon in the system tray. So I think there may be something doesn't work properly.

0 Kudos
YZhan75
Beginner

Well, I find an interesting phenomenon that if my Windows 10 startup from a shut down, I can see the ITBM icon in the system tray, but if Windows 10 startup form a reboot, the ITBM icon won't come out.

0 Kudos
TH2
Beginner

The window still pops up when I turn on my PC and it is really annoying. I have a fix, but it may not work for everyone.

Steps:

1. Open the Windows Task Scheduler.
  2. Click the Task Scheduler Library entry and then double click the entry: Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max 3.0 Technology Application Launcher
  3. Notice, in the lower left corner, that the checkbox for "Hidden" is unchecked. This is probably the entire problem. If you change anything here, the application will overwrite your changes upon reboot. You're welcome.
  4. Close the window.
  5. Open File Explorer to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Corporation\Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
  6. Right-click ITBM.exe, select properties.
  7. Select the security tab.
  8. Click the Edit button, then the Add button.
  9. In the large box, type "Everyone" without the quotes.
  10. Click OK.
  11. Under the Deny column, click the checkbox for Read & Execute. Save the changes.

You are no longer able to launch the application at all. Keep it that way until Intel gets their **** together.

0 Kudos
ASin1
Novice

This is not a solution... We need the program. Try my solution below.. Works for me..

0 Kudos
Krahnin
Beginner

Ronald, I am a bit late to this forum (I have just been dealing with the repeated popup). Currently, when I click the link to go to the update, it appears that page is no longer viable. Searching for Intel Turbo Boost in the download center does not return any results either. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
MOsbo3
Beginner

@Ronald_Intel

This latest version seems windows 10 specific !!! What about us windows 7 users who have been waiting since the Ice Age ???????

A very disgruntled user.

0 Kudos
ASin1
Novice

To get rid of the issue : (using the microsoft version from windows update here. So it works on new installs for SCCM deployments as well as at home..)

0) Exit app from taskbar or kill it from task manager.

1) Open up task scheduler and stop the task by rightclicking and pressing "end"

2) Double click the intel turbo boost task.

3) Tab page actions -> select the "Start a program" and click "Edit"

4) In the add arguments window -> make sure there is a SPACE between -d (deamonise) and -q (quiet) so : -d -q (instead of the faulty -d-q)

5) Add quotation marks to the start and end of the program/script address -> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Corporation\Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0\ITBM.EXE"

6) Press OK a few times

7) Manually run the task and see if it works.

restart computer and voila.. no more popping up turbo boost.

The people at Intel forgot to add a space.

Arjan Sinnige

CFavr
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks, but impossible to save the modification for me, even by opening the task sheduler as an administrator.

Each time I restart the computer, the additional space disapeared.

Is there something special to do to save the modification ?

Below picture of what I've tried to do following your message, then I press OK a few times to close all Windows.

[URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/181215055016140630.jpg.html][IMG]https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/12/15/181215055016140630.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

0 Kudos
ASin1
Novice

Do NOT forget step 5 !!!

0 Kudos
CFavr
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks, but impossible to save the modification for me, even by opening the task sheduler as an administrator.

Is there Something special to do to save the modification ?

Below picture of what I've tried to do folowing your message, then I press OK a few times to close all Windows.

[URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/181215055016140630.jpg.html][IMG]https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/12/15/181215055016140630.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

0 Kudos
ASin1
Novice

Wait.. I should have looked at your pictures. You did not put Double quotes in the "C:\Progra-----> .EXE"

You have to manually set those...!

STEP 5 from my To Do List... !!

0 Kudos
CFavr
Beginner

Hello,

Below picture of what I've tried to do folowing your message, then I press OK a few times to close all Windows.

[IMG]https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/12/15/181215055016140630.jpg[/IMG]

0 Kudos
CFavr
Beginner

Hello,

0 Kudos