Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Why does The Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 window pop up and disappear suddenly in the startup of windows 10?

AGhal1
Beginner

Hello everyone, I hope that you are fine and enjoying the weekend.

As I asked in the title, the mentioned window is appearing for around 0.3 second before it disappears. I couldn't even catch it by only looking at the screen, instead of that, I was continuously pressing PrintScreen until I could catch it. Is such popping up and closing in the startup would be normal? I have to say that my cpu is: i7-6950X extreme edition. I hope that anyone could explain the action to me and if I should worry or accept it as a normal behaviour of the Turbo Boost Max Technology software.

Best regards,

Alderasus

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Alderasus,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Make sure this option is enabled in the BIOS, if so, try uninstalling the software from the control panel and then reinstall the latest version, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0?v=t https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0?v=t

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
AGhal1
Beginner

Hello Dear Ivan,

First of all, thank you very much for trying helping me. Your time is appreciated.

I checked all BIOS setting, there is no mention to Turbo Boost. I'm not sure if there is another name of it at which I should look in the BIOS information. What do you suggest regarding this point? I have to say that there is option of being enabled in the same software window (pic attached).

I also uninstalled the Turbo Boost and installed it again, however, till now I'm having the same issue. What do you think, please?

Best regards,

Alderasus

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alderasus,

Turbo Boost 3.0 window pops-up and disappears during boot because the application is starting (it is part startup processes found in msconfig). Once it starts, it goes minimized as expected.

This is normal behavior.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
AGhal1
Beginner

Hello Dear Ivan,

I'm very thankful to you, thank you very much for your time and help. I was worried if there is something wrong is happening.

Best regards,

Alderasus

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You are more than welcome!

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
CBerg5
Beginner

Hi,

mine opens at startup then never minimizes, any suggestion?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Blofeld2k: If after viewing the comments on this thread the problem persists, in that case please submit your inquiry on a new thread, for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem:

/community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
CBerg5
Beginner

@Alberto:

0 Kudos
BBerg3
Beginner

This is a normal behavior for this app. Nothing is wrong. When you have a problem like I do with this then you should worry. My turbo boost app 3.0 starts twice during each boot up. The window shows up almost instant and doesnt disappear then after closing it in about 1-2 minutes it starts up again. This is been impossible for me to fix and I have tried everything except a clean install which I wont do because I just did it before this and it seems to have started this after I installed a second Nvidia card for SLI. Nobody can seem to help fix this one.. I have been researching for weeks and I just have to close it twice. Very annoying and stupid but what ya going to do.. This app auto installs from windows and if you try to force it not to windows will blue screen during boot saying a critical system cant be loaded or whatever...

0 Kudos