Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Why does XTU say that my I9-9980 XE processor is an unknown processor type?

Stancey
Beginner

I came to the page for the download of the XTU from the I9-9980 XE processor specifications page. WHY would it not know what the specs for an I9-9980 XE processor were? It isn't like I purchased it last week. I have been running them(4) long enough for the TBTM 3.0 to be obsoleted out from under me.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If the latest release of XTU was released before this processor, it is not going to have an entry for it in its database. Intel Customer Support will need to report this and get a new version released...

...S

0 Kudos
Stancey
Beginner

The processor has been out for a while but the utility was released in July I believe. I figured it was something like that but I am surprised that the people developing the tool were not more in tune to the product pipeline. Even Customers knew about this processor long before it came out. Thank you, Scott

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Stancey,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to know the version of Intel ® Extreme Tuning Utility you have installed right now. If possible, please take a screenshot of the interface showing the processor as "Unknown" so I can have this as a reference.

Also, please provide me with an System Support Utility report so I can have more system information, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Stancey
Beginner
Okay, I will get it for you. I downloaded the package over the weekend from the website and installed it yesterday. So it is a recent version. I can get the screenshot in a little while
0 Kudos
Stancey
Beginner
BTW, the discrepancy was after running the benchmark and sending the results to the HWBOT web site for comparison.
0 Kudos
Stancey
Beginner

I stand corrected. I did verify that the place where the Processor was unknown was the HWBOT web site where the comparisons are made. Does this mean I am the only one running the benchmark with the I9-9980 XE for comparisons? My processor is running at 130% of normal cycle speed according to Resource Monitor. I am slightly over the 4.02 Ghz that I had been seeing pushing up to 4.05 at times. I have four systems running an application doing graphics processing. I plan to activate quatro Quadro GPUs this week.

0 Kudos
Stancey
Beginner

I stand corrected. I did verify that the place where the Processor was unknown was the HWBOT web site where the comparisons are made. Does this mean I am the only one running the benchmark with the I9-9980 XE for comparisons? My processor is running at 130% of normal cycle speed according to Resource Monitor. I am slightly over the 4.02 Ghz that I had been seeing pushing up to 4.05 at times. I have four systems running an application doing graphics processing. I plan to activate quatro Quadro GPUs this week.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Stancey,

Thank you for your response.

I would not be able to tell since you are running a third-party application for this, I would recommend stress testing your processor with either Intel ® Extreme Tuning Utility, or, if you want to diagnose the processor you can use our Intel ® Processor Diagnostic Tool

If you run these applications and they give you issues, let me know so I can assist you.

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Stancey,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

David V

0 Kudos
Stancey
Beginner
Didn’t you see my response last week? Turns out the web site your tool refers to for checking the benchmark results is not up to date. That happens too frequently in the Wintel world.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Stancey,

Thank you for your response.

The website you are referincing is actually a third-party website where benchmarks can be compared, I was checking since you mentioned that the processor did not show marks or showed as unknown; however, I was able to find several marks for that specific processor, please refer to the link below:

https://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i9_9980xe/

Keep in mind that any changes or information in this website is not controlled by Intel since this is a site used for comparison of different benchmarks, if you need any assistance with this, please contact the site support: 

https://hwbot.org/article/contact

I hope this helps.

David V

0 Kudos