Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Why doesn't intel sell CPUs with more cores that replace the iGPU on the consumer market?

odarg
Beginner

who buys the 9600k and then uses the integrated graphics?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello odarg, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like to answer your question, the development of integrated graphics has been improved over the years and it continues being improved, this is because depending on the customer it may be needed to have integrated graphics to have video without the need of a dedicated video card. Also, this technology will continue being developed over time. The cores are not related to the graphics performance but actually the processor's performance. There are customers who need the computers for different purposes and some don't have the need for a dedicated video card and the integrated graphics suit their needs. It all depends on the customer who buys the system. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
odarg
Beginner

Hello David,

As far as i understand consumer Intel CPUs on the 1151 socket are marketed to different types of people: The i9 series is marketed to productivity focused users who need a large amount of threads but don't need a dedicated video card and gamers who want the worlds fastest gaming cpu but have a dedicated video card. The i7 series is marketed at productivity focused users who needs threads but don't need a dedicated graphics card, OEMs like Apple and gamers who want a fast cpu but also have a dedicated video card. The i5 series is marketed to OEMs who make desktop computers without graphics cards, gamers but not productivity users because i5s tend to have less threads and XEONs exist. i3 is marketed to OEMs and budget users. On each of these products is a suffix letter K is for overclockable chips which are used by productivity users, enthusiasts and gamers but not OEMs, F is for CPUs with disabled faulty graphics which was created recently to help with the production shortage of 14nm chips because Intel knows that theres a large market of users who will never use the integrated graphics.

My point is that instead of just disabling the faulty graphics, why doesn't Intel have a KF product lineup with no graphics but more cores like AMD on the 1151 socket?

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello odarg, Thank you for your response. Actually we do have processors with no integrated graphics, please refer to the link below: https://ark.intel.com/products/190887/Intel-Core-i9-9900KF-Processor-16M-Cache-up-to-5-00-GHz- The amount of cores have been increased over time but that depends on how the design of the processor is, it will continue increasing, as mentioned before, we provide the processors and the users will decide the best processor for them depending on the need and tasks they will be performing. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos