Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Why my cpu is high using?

MVlad5
Beginner

Hi. My cpu is high using and I don't know why. I tried every method to stop the high use but still nothing.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

You didn't really provided much information about your system and how/when the problem started. Please open Task Manager and check which process causes high CPU utilization?

Leon

0 Kudos
MVlad5
Beginner

So.. A month ago my motherboard broke and I replaced it with a new one, same model. After 1-2 days I noticed my chrome and games performance started to get lower. I opened Task Manager and Chrome used 40% for loading the Youtube tab, similar problem with different sites, different %. In games it use between 40-95%.

My specs:

•Gigabyte B250M D2V

•Intel i5 7400 3.0Ghz

•Nvidia GTX 1050ti

•16 Gb of RAM

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Google for "chrome high cpu usage windows 10" and you will see many solutions. Most probably some Chrome extension is cause for this problem. You may try to fully uninstall chrome and reinstall new Chrome.

Leon

MVlad5
Beginner

I already tried this solution and didn't work

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MVlad5

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Should you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MVlad5
Beginner
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MVlad5

Thank you for your response.

In order to assist you further, could you please provide the following information?

1- What was the brand and model of the previous motherboard? Or did you replace it for the same exact model?

2- When you replaced the motherboard, did you perform a new clean/fresh install of the operating system?

3- Is the issue reproduced using other browsers? e.g. Firefox*, Edge, etc.

4- Hight demanding games may have or produce high CPU usage which may be expected. Besides noticing the high CPU usage are you experiencing any other issue?

5- Please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and attached the .txt result to this thread. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File".

6- Where are you seeing or monitoring CPU usage?

Also, please provide screenshots of the following tabs in Windows® Task Manager showing the high CPU usage:

• Processes tab ordered by "CPU"
  • Performance tab and CPU option selected in the left side options.

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. You can only attached one file at a time so you may upload all the files in a .zip file.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
MVlad5
Beginner

1. I replaced the motherboard with an exact model: Gigabyte B250M D2V.

2. After a few days when I noticed the problem I reinstalled the Windows, but the problem persist.

3. Yes, I tested on Edge and it was the same.

4. The problem in games is that I have a higher procent on CPU than the one before I changed the board.

5. All files requested are in the .zip I attached.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MVlad5

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If you have additional inquiries please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MVlad5

Thank you very much for all the information provided. Please allow us to look into this information and we will be updating this thread soon with more details.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
MVlad5
Beginner
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MVlad5

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking all the information and reports, we kindly recommend reporting this behavior to your motherboard manufacturer because:

1- The issue has been triggered with the motherboard replacement.

2- The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool determined the processor itself is working correctly.

3- We're still not sure this is an actual issue, performance can vary depending on workload. When talking with your motherboard manufacturer explain "the before" and "the after" situation with numbers (per example with 'X' game CPU utilization used to be around 'x%' and with this new motherboard it is 'y%'.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos