Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

Why on processors 9400F or 9100F or the same type of disabled video core, does the sleep mode not work in windows? And how can this be fixed? I installed all the drivers.

KSham5
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KSham5

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to gather more details regarding this inquiry in order to check it further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Please kindly elaborate and provide details about the steps you followed or how you determined or narrowed down the issue is related to only Processors without integrated graphics?

2- By any chance did you check with the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to make sure the systems have the proper settings activated/enabled (or BIOS defaults) to provide full support/functionality for Sleep Mode operation?

3- Please provide hardware configuration details separately for each specific system that has experienced this behavior following the format below:

• Processor full model:
  • Motherboard brand and model:
  • BIOS version:
  • Discrete Video Card brand and model:
  • Operating System full version and Build number: (for instance: Windows® 10 Pro 1903, build number 18362.592).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KSham5
Beginner

I checked all the settings in the BIOS, nothing helped, I checked with i5 8400 and with i7 9700K sleep mode works in these processors. But it doesn’t work on the 9100F and 9400F.

My specifications:

Processor model: Intel Core i5 9400F 2.90 Ghz

Windows 10 (64-bit 1909) Build number: 18363.657

Motherboard: Biostar H310 MHC2 (BIOS version: 2019-05-20)

Video card: AMD RX 580 8GB

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I can see that the 9100F is not supported by your board.

And, biostar is very specific about causing failure to your board.

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=920#cpusupport

Please update system BIOS before upgrade your processor (CPU) to avoid system failure

* Please Ensure You Had Updated the Latest BIOS Before Inserted the Intel CPU.

Did you update the bios BEFORE you inserted the 9400F?

Doc

0 Kudos
KSham5
Beginner

Yes i updated. What about 9400F? When i put 8400 or 9700K sleep mode is works. But 9400F is doesn’t.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is the point where you need to be speaking with biostar about their bios and the processor.

Doc

0 Kudos