Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Why so many INTEL processes running in background?

Ladge
Beginner

I have 10 INTEL processes running in the background.  That seems a bit overkill.  Which one can i remove or disable?

Thanks!Screenshot (17).png 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ladge,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the background processes.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand model name of your processor?

2. Have you experienced any performance issues related to these background processes?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Ladge
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

Thank you for response.

My processor is: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

As for performance issues, the fan on this laptop keeps running and loudly.   It started 2 weeks ago and then i noticed all those Intel processes that i don't recall seeing all of those prior to that.

Regards,

Ladge

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ladge, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Ladge
Beginner

Thanks David,

Do you have any update on this?

Thanks!

Ladge

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ladge, 

Thanks for your patience. In this case, Intel cannot recommend which tasks to close/remove since some of the tasks running in the background could be needed for the computer to run smoothly.

However, based on the image shared these Intel processes are almost 0% the issue with your fan may be related to dust stock in your vents. I recommend you check with the laptop manufacturer to get instructions on how to clean your system.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
IkeLeland
Beginner

INTEL SERVICES

L Intel Audio Service - DISABLED - I believe this is only needed if you use HDMI cable and it spits the audio out to the HDMI device (like a TV or monitor)

L Intel Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface - DISABLED - The associated software, Intel Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface, is used to provide security services for Intel applications. It's part of the Intel Trusted Connect Service Client, which helps to establish secure connections between Intel hardware and software.

L Intel Content Protection HDCP Service - DISABLED - High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a copy-protection scheme to eliminate the possibility of capturing digital content from the source to the display. It is designed to protect digital signals when using a Digital Video Interface (DVI) and High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI). I haven't watched a DVD/BluRay in 10+ years. It's all online now.

L Intel Content Protection HECI Service - DISABLED - The Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service is used to enable premium video playback (such as Blu-ray*) for Intel® HD Graphics.

L Intel Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service - DISABLED - provides a secure place for java programs to run. Do any java-based programs actually use this "container"? I don't know. The Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service process running in Task Manager is a vital component of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It provides a user-friendly interface for managing storage-related tasks, optimizing performance, and enhancing data protection. So you only need it I guess if Storage Middleware Service is running?

L Intel Dynamic Tuning service - AUTOMATIC - manufacturer specific to dynamically optimize the system for performance, battery life, and thermals.

L Graphics Command Center Service - MANUAL

L Intel HD Graphics Control Panel Service - MANUAL

L Intel(R) Management and Security Application - MANUAL

L Intel Optane(TM) Memory Service - MANUAL

L Intel RST HFC Disable Service - AUTOMATIC -

L Intel Storage Middleware Service - MANUAL - It provides improved performance and reliability for computers that are equipped with SATA disks. I run NVMe based storage so I don't use this service.

L Intel SGX App Enclave Services Manager - AUTOMATIC - Intel Security Guard Extensions (SGX) became available with the Skylake processor family. Intel SGX aims to provide an additional security layer that prevents malicious software execution even with admin privileges.

AUTOMATIC - Starts in the background

MANUAL - Will start in the background

DISABLED - Prevents automatic starting in the background

In short, it kind of feels like Intel starts many of these services to service their OWN applications/programs. If you're not running their applications then it makes no sense to have some of these services going.

Don't quote me on any of this. You may find things don't work if you do disable them. I find it best to disable, wait, and see if things in my normal everyday use routine are no longer working. The above works for me.

0 Kudos